2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

22 hours ago, John232 said:

I took a pot shot on Caleb Williams in a devy draft last year. I am so happy. He’s absolutely amazing to watch.

Isn't he?! Texas Tech's DL is so stout and stubborn that my Sooners were not able to run consistently. It didn't matter, Wms just sliced and diced the secondary. So amazing, especially for a Freshman. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Forge said:

Both Olave or Wilson would be amazing for Shanny, but I don't think that either is going to be there in round 2 for us. 

Also, Hutchinson is just such a beast 

I want a corner in round 2 anyways. Or another edge rusher depending on what we do in free agency. 

I'm fine with not taking a WR in the 2nd round tbh. We have invested a lot of capital on WRs and have a very good duo. Go elsewhere. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I want a corner in round 2 anyways. Or another edge rusher depending on what we do in free agency. 

I'm fine with not taking a WR in the 2nd round tbh. We have invested a lot of capital on WRs and have a very good duo. Go elsewhere. 

Not like it matters. By the time they get the chance to play in 3 years, we may need something different anyway 😂

I don't love that spot for edge rusher, but I'm not really bullish on the meat of the class yet. Lots of corners could be there

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Knowing our guys on the coaching staff and FO, I predict that our corners next year are going to be : exactly the same as this year, except that one will still be recovering from an ACL tear, and two will be second year players who haven't gotten tons of experience in their rookie season.

14 hours ago, John232 said:

I feel so bad for auburn. Like I get why tank went for the first, it’s official dagger…but it was second down, just take the down inside, let it be 3rd and short and you still have two plays to get the first 

I mean, the best I had hoped for before the game was a replay of the 2009 Iron Bowl where weirdness and defense lead to a lead that a crappy quarterback pissed away as the defense tired late. So I’m weirdly happy. No team can overcome quarterback play that bad. Even if Roger McCreary is a very, very bad man. 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Lincoln Riley leaving OK to go to USC. Hot damn. 

Sorry for your loss @Chrissooner49er

Thanks. Never saw this as a possibility--thought he may jump to the NFL at some point, but not a lateral move like USC. He's done more damage to our program in the last 48 hours than Baylor and OK St. combined.