2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

9 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Of likely to be there guys...

1.. Jameson Williams- Yeah, you have to wait a year for him most likely, but he was flat out dominant in the SEC in ways I haven't seen before.

2. Jermaine Johnson 

3. Any of the top 3 tackles that fall. Ikwanu, Neal or Cross

Williams is the WR I want is we go that route. 

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

How would we feel if the Niners got the 10th pick and spent it on Kyle Hamilton? 

I'll be honest, I've spent next to no time on high first round prospects this year and know very little outside of the broad strokes stuff.

I really just don't want #10 overall as the primary piece unless we are trading back. I so much prefer 35 / 38 / 69 it's not even funny lol 

Hamilton would certainly have claim to the best player on the board, so it's fine...but I'm not jumping for joy or anything. The top of this draft is so incredibly uninspired. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

https://koacolorado.iheart.com/featured/broncos-country-tonight/content/2022-04-27-benjamin-allbrights-2022-nfl-mock-draft/

Ouch. As someone who lives in NC, the Panther's pick hurts.....

Ben has Evan Neal dropping out of the top ten....

I've seen alot of back and forth on Neal. Some people dont think he can be a tackle, some people think he will be fine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Pickens could be the best receiver in the draft. Elite ball skills, elite body control, good size. I think he is a little stiff at times, good not great speed, and he needs to mature as a person but the skill is absolutely there.

Feel like we are going to trade up from 61, but I don't love it because i feel like it's going to be at the expense of 93 or 105 and I'd like to keep those two picks as I like the players in that area lol 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel like we are going to trade up from 61, but I don't love it because i feel like it's going to be at the expense of 93 or 105 and I'd like to keep those two picks as I like the players in that area lol 

Yeah, and I definitely think it'll be for Brisker or Cross depending on where Brisker goes. Whichever one is available in the 50 area with Brisker preferred will be our choice imo. Unless Cine magically falls due to some unforseen stupidity. The only other guy that we've brought in even projected in roughly at that area is maybe Dylan Parham. And even he feels more like an option at 93 than 61. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, and I definitely think it'll be for Brisker or Cross depending on where Brisker goes. Whichever one is available in the 50 area with Brisker preferred will be our choice imo. Unless Cine magically falls due to some unforseen stupidity. The only other guy that we've brought in even projected in roughly at that area is maybe Dylan Parham. And even he feels more like an option at 93 than 61. 

These are my thoughts as well. I also have a feeling we may have to reach and or get Jurgens at our next available pick unless it’s part of the package to move up from 61. Maybe Fortner C from KY? 

6 minutes ago, StevenK said:

These are my thoughts as well. I also have a feeling we may have to reach and or get Jurgens at our next available pick unless it’s part of the package to move up from 61. Maybe Fortner C from KY? 

I'm not even sure Jurgens is there at 61. 

13 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Hope its not Cross. I'm good with doing it for Brisker. Cross just strikes me as a guy who doesn't play at his testing scores. I like him at the end of the third (and I'm sure he'll go before then) but not at 61 or moving up from there. 

My favorites (in terms of most likely selection)  for #61 (or whatever trade up that happens to be) would also be Parham & Brisker. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not even sure Jurgens is there at 61. 

Yea I’ve noticed his stock has been rising lately along with Cross surprisingly, so we’ll see. 

Definitely like Parham or Brisker at 61. I think that’s my fav as well. 

Watching ESPN's full mock draft live from a couple of days ago and I loved the way they trolled Cowboy fans! Before the pick, they showed fans in the stands from the playoff game bawling their eyes out! As a long time 9er fan and having to deal with so many ignorant 'boys fans, I never get enough of that! Loved it while watching the game live, loved how Irvin got trolled on his own show the next day (thanks Steven A!) and I can always watch it again. 

See the source image

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hope its not Cross. I'm good with doing it for Brisker. Cross just strikes me as a guy who doesn't play at his testing scores. I like him at the end of the third (and I'm sure he'll go before then) but not at 61 or moving up from there. 

My favorites (in terms of most likely selection)  for #61 (or whatever trade up that happens to be) would also be Parham & Brisker. 

Absolutely. Cross made some awesome plays from single high as a freshman and sophomore, but he has an issue tackling and his aggression jumping routes got used against him this past year. If you want the real deal as far as that sort of player (strong safety guy with crazy single high range when you need it), it’s Cine. That dude doesn’t miss tackles and even though he doesn’t have Cross’s ball skills for interceptions, he still gets there to break up a ton of passes. 

• Like 1