2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

I don't get why everyone thinks it will be a disgrace if the Jags go Walker over Hutchinson. I think Walker has the physical tools and flashed this past season to show that his best football is ahead of him. He can be a total freak from the edge opposite Allen.

To recap, Walker>Hutchinson ....Still not sure why Kayvon is getting so disrespect but to each its own. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get why everyone thinks it will be a disgrace if the Jags go Walker over Hutchinson. I think Walker has the physical tools and flashed this past season to show that his best football is ahead of him. He can be a total freak from the edge opposite Allen.

To recap, Walker>Hutchinson ....Still not sure why Kayvon is getting so disrespect but to each its own. 

With KT its mostly off the field stuff and personality i believe over anything else.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

With KT its mostly off the field stuff and personality i believe over anything else.

What's the red flag on his personality? Watched some of his interviews and he seems like a goofy guy but that's all...Nothing wrong with that. 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mainly because he's all speculation for they are drafting him to do. He played less than 500 snaps as a true edge rusher.  It's kind of like drafting a guard because you're sure he can be an elite tackle in the NFL.  I think in an ideal world, people want the traits + production (which to me is also KT, but I digress) that high in the draft.  He's missing the key component of that. Hutchinson is not...he has both the production and the athletic freakiness (though he still has short arms lol) so it's natural that people aren't understanding it. 

I think Walker could be just fine and easily end up the best of them, but it's a gamble. Big Balls Baalke. Though in Baalke's defense, he has taken 3 defensive lineman in the first round in his career and they were Aldon, Buckner, and Armstead. I mean, it's a pretty damn good track record. Maybe he knows what he's doing. He had some misses down the draft (who doesn't), but even his later round d-line picks weren't bad. Carradine , Lemonier, Eli Harold  were misses, but Dial was a very useful guy for a couple of years and I think Blair was a very good pick. Aaron Lynch had his ups and downs but for a 5th round pick? Nice return. So honestly, he seems to know what he's looking for there. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What's the red flag on his personality? 

Love of football, competitive drive...has a lot of other interests...yadda yadda yadda. It's really  the kind of stuff you hear so much about during draft build up, but then only see really pop up and really derail an NFL player every now and again. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Love of football, competitive drive...has a lot of other interests...yadda yadda yadda. It's really  the kind of stuff you hear so much about during draft build up, but then only see really pop up and really derail an NFL player every now and again. 

Got it, because I didn't take him being a bad person or anything. He's just a bit goofy and seems like a fun person to be around. I know on the field he produced and was a game wrecker in a few of the games I watched.

Hutchinson will be fine but I think Walker with NFL level coaching is going to really take off. I know he didn't play as much but he flashed his senior year and exploded at times that others just aren't capable of doing. 

Baalke definitely has drafted well with DL in the first round...Those darn long arms actually end up working out at the DL positions LOL. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Yup: Rashaun Woods.

🙄