2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

We've been on this longer than Kupp has been a stud, but this is something that we rely on as well. Its one of the reasons we felt good about Greenlaw after Ryans watched him. I do think that this is becoming a bigger and bigger deal. I'm hoping that this data becomes more prominent 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

We've been on this longer than Kupp has been a stud, but this is something that we rely on as well. Its one of the reasons we felt good about Greenlaw after Ryans watched him. I do think that this is becoming a bigger and bigger deal. I'm hoping that this data becomes more prominent 

Yea I've come around on the GPS data as well. I mean straight line speed is still relevant in some aspects. But with so much multiple WR sets with spread concepts/quick-action routes, being able to run 8s & 9s all day is not as important as it once was. Kupp succeeds because he is so smoth in and out of his breaks and he doesn't tip off routes. His stem gives away absolutely nothing. His short area quickness is elite. THAT is something I've always been a proponent of. He's a slimmer Anquan Boldin. His route running and feel for space is just on a different level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm trying to determine the over / under on the number of prospects who get comped to Deebo or get the "hoping to use him like as a Deebo Samuel type" tagline this year. 

I’m not sure I want Deebo as this year’s Deebo, really. He was trying to be both Mostert and himself, and he was at the top of the receiving yards charts as himself because its so difficult to assign him extra coverage attention given our other weapons and fell off as he had to play more running back. I want him to get some carries, especially in truly high leverage spots, but a 2019 amount, not a 2021 amount.

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I’m not sure I want Deebo as this year’s Deebo, really. He was trying to be both Mostert and himself, and he was at the top of the receiving yards charts as himself because its so difficult to assign him extra coverage attention given our other weapons and fell off as he had to play more running back. I want him to get some carries, especially in truly high leverage spots, but a 2019 amount, not a 2021 amount.

Even though I kind of hate, I really think we need to bring Mostert back or draft a guy with a comparable skillset, which may require burning a pick higher than I typically desire. I am not looking to keep Deebo back there as a running back...I don't mind putting him in the backfield, but I want to make it a more intriguing set up.

I really do like Kyren Williams, but I don't think he has the same skillset as someone like Mostert as I don't think he has that level of explosion and long speed, and he's probably more costly than I'd be comfortable with. 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Even though I kind of hate, I really think we need to bring Mostert back or draft a guy with a comparable skillset, which may require burning a pick higher than I typically desire. I am not looking to keep Deebo back there as a running back...I don't mind putting him in the backfield, but I want to make it a more intriguing set up.

I really do like Kyren Williams, but I don't think he has the same skillset as someone like Mostert as I don't think he has that level of explosion and long speed, and he's probably more costly than I'd be comfortable with. 

Haven’t seen a lot of Kyren Williams, but the little I have reminds me of LaMichael James. I loved James and was so happy when we drafted him. I think he ended up having a crap attitude which nuked his career. I’ll have to watch some more of Williams.

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Haven’t seen a lot of Kyren Williams, but the little I have reminds me of LaMichael James. I loved James and was so happy when we drafted him. I think he ended up having a crap attitude which nuked his career. I’ll have to watch some more of Williams.

He's definitely not got the attitude problems. Not a selfish dude. Baller in pass protection even though he's only three feet, 55 pounds

9 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Anyone have a favorite EDGE, CB, or S in this class yet? I'm just now digging into this class and trying to figure out who to key in on. 

Also, the Center class looks almost completely bare after the kid from Iowa. Am I missing something?

Not yet, but I almost never get into my draft scouting until after the season is over when I can be more efficient about it. 

As a whole, the interior class looks a little weak. I don't think that we are drafting an immediate starter there anyway, so I'm not sure its necessarily a bad thing. There are some transitions that could be interesting. Dylan Parham was a guard his entire college career (some starts at tackle maybe too?), but think he could be a center convert given his athleticism and lack of strength and experience in multiple zone runs. 

The Edge class is good at the top. I would imagine that someone solid falls to round 2 where we are picking, but I have no idea who it would be. Possible that if we ended up in the first again that would be a really good place to hit. 

Want to watch more of Mario Goodrich from Clemson at corner 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Was listening to Eric Crocker this morning, he brought up a potential draft target (safety) Verone McKinley III out of Oregon. The kid seems to be in the right place all the time and would look like solid replacement for Ward in a year or two.

I'm keeping an eye on McKinley. Both PFF and The Draft Network like him as a 2-high zone safety with range and ball skills. I'm very interested in finding a guy just like this in the draft.