2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm keeping an eye on McKinley. Both PFF and The Draft Network like him as a 2-high zone safety with range and ball skills. I'm very interested in finding a guy just like this in the draft. 

When's the last time, outside of Sherman, we had ball skills in the secondary? Goldson? Ouch...

6 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wonder if we take a flier on the NDSU receiver, Christian Watson. No idea where’s he mocked, but would imagine Trey wouldn’t mind. I know we have more pressing needs though. 

Is he fast? Would definitely like to add a speedster later on. The only one I have an eye on so far is Danny Gray.

8 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Is he fast? Would definitely like to add a speedster later on. The only one I have an eye on so far is Danny Gray.

On my list of draft priorities is a slot WR that can stretch the field and return kicks. Dyami Brown, Dazz Newsome, and Jaelon Darden were the guys I really liked for this role last year. We passed on all of them. I hope we grab one this year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Yeah, he's big and fast. Saw a lot of him watching Trey in college. I wouldn't be against it, but I think he'll probably go in the top half of the draft. Maybe a 3-4 round guy? 

WR – Christian Watson, NDSU
An unmistakable figure standing at 6’4” as he towered over the rest of the National wide receiver group, Watson was hard to miss as the first day of Senior Bowl practices kicked off. The small school product quickly commanded all the eyes in the stadium as he displayed uncanny quickness off the line, sunk into his cuts with ease, and shot away from defenders. 

In the one-on-one period, Watson excelled in a variety of areas. He distanced himself with smooth routes, made catches away from his frame, and relished in blocking duties when on the field for run plays. Watson also recorded the fifth-highest speed at the practice, clocking in at 20.71 miles per hour. Expect eyes to remain on him throughout the week after the strong showing.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/01/senior-bowl-chargers-christian-watson-calvin-austin-akayleb-evans/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StevenK said:

Wonder if we take a flier on the NDSU receiver, Christian Watson. No idea where’s he mocked, but would imagine Trey wouldn’t mind. I know we have more pressing needs though. 

I was thinking the same thing. Crocky seemed to be impressed by him, but I don’t think I would draft him before round 3, which is probably too late, though this is supposedly a good/deep draft at WR.

…..after watching more film on this kid (by film, I mean YouTube highlights), he would definitely add an element we don’t have to our offense. Deebo, Aiyuk, Watson and Jennings would be a handful for teams.

really hoping we get a 2nd or 3rd this year for Jimmy, would love to be in Position to get this kid and Address EDGE and CB in the first four rounds

Edited by P_locniners

7 hours ago, StevenK said:

According to Mock Draft Database’s consensus bigboard, he’s currently sitting at the top of the 4th round.

39 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

According to Mock Draft Database’s consensus bigboard, he’s currently sitting at the top of the 4th round.

Yeah, I think after he runs he will start climbing. Sub 4.4  6’4 WR that runs polished routes, great hands and serves as a return man……I don’t think he gets outta the late 2nd/early 3rd…….but I don’t get paid to do this, so I could be completely wrong.

I could see Kyle/ Lynch pulling the trigger if he fell in our laps. Familiarity with Trey and checks most of not all of the boxes

Edited by P_locniners

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Alec Lindstrom? He seems like he’d be a scheme fit at center for us and also seems to be very similar to his brother Chris. I liked Chris during his draft year. 

Everything I have read looks like he would be a great scheme fit with some upside. Would be worth giving a look at in the mid-late rounds. Seems to have a bunch of limitations, kinda average at everything.

I think this kid is kind of under rated at corner.  I've seen 3rd or 4th round (I think he'll go higher) in places but he plays the ball in the air well, is good against the run and always seems to be around the ball.  I haven't watched any senior bowl stuff but he might be there.