2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm just going to say....I'm very, very happy that we made the move for our QB last year LOL 

Think Breer reported that the Niners scouted the 2022 QB class as well and didn't like what they saw when they made the trade up

If Lance was in the 2022 QB class (assuming exact same collegiate resume) would he be the top QB overall?

Edited by 49ersfan

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Think Breer reported that the Niners scouted the 2022 QB class as well and didn't like what they saw when they made the trade up

If Lance was in the 2022 QB class (assuming exact same collegiate resume) would he be the top QB overall?

Provided that he didn't bomb, yes. And I don't think that it's particularly close. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Provided that he didn't bomb, yes. And I don't think that it's particularly close. 

Yeah, it wouldn't even be close. Same with Fields, and even Jones. 

20 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

And Cowherd even before that reported that the Niners had a lot of big deals up and wanted to get a QB on a rookie deal. The process all made sense...You can argue if they gave up too much but we will be fine there. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And Cowherd even before that reported that the Niners had a lot of big deals up and wanted to get a QB on a rookie deal. The process all made sense...You can argue if they gave up too much but we will be fine there. 

And honestly, if they can finagle two second round picks (I think unlikely, but we will see), it's barely a blip on the radar. Our pick is #29 this year. If we got NO or Pitt's second this year, that's what...pick 48-50? Same for next year. I mean, You're losing a little bit of draft position, but honestly once you start getting to that 30 - 50 area, there's a loooooooooooooot of overlap. The guy that we could take at 29 could easily still be there at 48 lol 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

And honestly, if they can finagle two second round picks (I think unlikely, but we will see), it's barely a blip on the radar. Our pick is #29 this year. If we got NO or Pitt's second this year, that's what...pick 48-50? Same for next year. I mean, You're losing a little bit of draft position, but honestly once you start getting to that 30 - 50 area, there's a loooooooooooooot of overlap. The guy that we could take at 29 could easily still be there at 48 lol 

If it was an offensive player they absolutely would be lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

The one and only downfall is the 5th year option and those don't get picked up a ton for late firsts either way. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I have see trade predictions from a conditional 1st, or a 2nd and a 4th next year, or a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year…..I think we will be surprised at what we get.

all I want is it to be a pick for this year. I don’t want a conditional first, I would rather just take the 2nd or 3rd this year and be stoked, anything on top of that is icing on the cake.

I just think, depending on who leaves in FA, we will have a few holes to fill and I would rather fill those with some early round rookies on rookie deals this year, rather than wait until next year. Especially when we were that close to the SB this year.

Edited by P_locniners

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I have see trade predictions from a conditional 1st, or a 2nd and a 4th next year, or a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year…..I think we will be surprised at what we get.

all I want is it to be a pick for this year. I don’t want a conditional first, I would rather just take the 2nd or 3rd this year and be stoked, anything on top of that is icing on the cake.

I just think, depending on who leaves in FA, we will have a few holes to fill and I would rather fill those with some early round rookies on rookie deals this year, rather than wait until next year. Especially when we were that close to the SB this year.

The latest report (see the off season thread) from a completely unreliable source is a second or third + player. 

I have always hoped for the Alex Smith deal, but I'm honestly happy with anything that includes a second round pick this year. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The latest report (see the off season thread) from a completely unreliable source is a second or third + player. 

I have always hoped for the Alex Smith deal, but I'm honestly happy with anything that includes a second round pick this year. 

Yeah, I saw the “third and a player”, I don’t trust that. Just gimme the damn 2nd or a 3rd and an additional draft pick. They wouldn’t let go of any players that would be game changers IMO

2 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Yeah, I saw the “third and a player”, I don’t trust that. Just gimme the damn 2nd or a 3rd and an additional draft pick. They wouldn’t let go of any players that would be game changers IMO

Plus, cap room to take in quality players back on a deal isn’t in high supply. We need more cost controlled young talent. We have the stars we’re paying for already in house.