2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

12 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

Last year’s worst kept secret was how much the Panthers loved Mac Jones. Turned out they loved him so much they traded for Sam Darnold.

That was only really put out there by tannebaum from what I recall and was later shot down by Jourdan Rodrigue,  Josh Norris, and Joe Person who said they didn't view him as a top ten pick. I take anything tannebaum says with a grain of salt

sometimes this stuff is news, sometimes noise. Have to wait for the follow up reporting

Welp, for those of us that really wanted the option to select a talented pass rusher with our second or third round pick, this seems to be the perfect draft.

between Boye Mafe and jermaine Johnson performance during the week and game, adding to the pash rushers already said to be in front of them, we could get a steal with one of our early round picks at EDGE

you add a player of that caliber and then draft, say, a Coby Bryant and either the top safety or WR that falls to us……the draft would already be a huge success

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Welp, for those of us that really wanted the option to select a talented pass rusher with our second or third round pick, this seems to be the perfect draft.

between Boye Mafe and jermaine Johnson performance during the week and game, adding to the pash rushers already said to be in front of them, we could get a steal with one of our early round picks at EDGE

you add a player of that caliber and then draft, say, a Coby Bryant and either the top safety or WR that falls to us……the draft would already be a huge success

Yeah, edge is super heavy at the top 

My guess for the 1st round QB's - Malik Willis to the Steelers, Matt Corral to the Bucs, Kenny Pickett to the Panthers 

Would any other QB's actually be worthy of a 1st round pick/being a teams viable starter at any point in the next 2 seasons?

Thoughts on spending our second on Zion Johnson? I'm liking Christian Watson and Bernhard Rainmann with our 3rd rounders and then Marcus Jones with our 4th but that would be dependent on us getting another CB this off-season.

4 minutes ago, Geek said:

Thoughts on spending our second on Zion Johnson? I'm liking Christian Watson and Bernhard Rainmann with our 3rd rounders and then Marcus Jones with our 4th but that would be dependent on us getting another CB this off-season.

Not sure Raimann will get out of round 1 tbh, seen Johnson in some top 50 lists so he might be gone too. Not sure Raimann really is a need as well.

Would absolutely love to have an Austrian playing for the Niners though, obviously lol.

4 minutes ago, Geek said:

I'm curious to see if Johnson falls that far. We do need to be adding offensive linemen though. Probably a couple. 

I think my strongest desires in terms of draft picks are (no order): 

• Offensive Line
  • Safety
  • Corner
  • Edge Rusher

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm curious to see if Johnson falls that far. We do need to be adding offensive linemen though. Probably a couple. 

I think my strongest desires in terms of draft picks are (no order): 

• Offensive Line
  • Safety
  • Corner
  • Edge Rusher

Right now, mine are:

• Safety
  • Corner
  • Edge
  • IOL
  • TE
  • Slot WR
  • LB
  • RB

7 hours ago, Geek said:

Seems like Watson will go in the 2nd Round. I don't think he will be available when we draft at our first pick. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

So I've heard multiple people state that this OL class is very good...Are we talking the tackle class or the entire positional groups? I think it would make a lot of sense to start thinking of drafting McGlinchey's replacement. Sure we are picking up his 5th year option, but he shouldn't be getting a second contract with this team considering how much Williams is making. You are going to be spending over 35M a year on your tackle spots? No way. 

So any good guards or tackles expected to drop to late 2nd round?

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I've heard multiple people state that this OL class is very good...Are we talking the tackle class or the entire positional groups? I think it would make a lot of sense to start thinking of drafting McGlinchey's replacement. Sure we are picking up his 5th year option, but he shouldn't be getting a second contract with this team considering how much Williams is making. You are going to be spending over 35M a year on your tackle spots? No way. 

So any good guards or tackles expected to drop to late 2nd round?

The tackle group is particularly strong at the top. I'd expect 4 to go in the top 12-15, I think. Lots of tackles as options in round 2. The first two rounds are kind of loaded. 

The interior offensive line is okay. I don't like it as much as some. I think it thins out pretty quickly. Linderbaum is a tremendous center prospect, but after that, there's nobody I particularly love. Some of the Guards could have a pretty big range on where they go, and as I said, it thins out pretty quickly. Green and Zion could easily go in the tail end of round 1, or the mid part of round 2. A guy I like is Sean Rhyan, who was a tackle in college but I think may end up as a guard in the NFL. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The tackle group is particularly strong at the top. I'd expect 4 to go in the top 12-15, I think. Lots of tackles as options in round 2. The first two rounds are kind of loaded. 

The interior offensive line is okay. I don't like it as much as some. I think it thins out pretty quickly. Linderbaum is a tremendous center prospect, but after that, there's nobody I particularly love. Some of the Guards could have a pretty big range on where they go, and as I said, it thins out pretty quickly. Green and Zion could easily go in the tail end of round 1, or the mid part of round 2. A guy I like is Sean Rhyan, who was a tackle in college but I think may end up as a guard in the NFL. 

Hopefully we get a 2nd rounder for Jimmy and then I think this is where I want to go. Let's draft a tackle that may be able to play some guard in year one and let McGlinchey go after next season .

Then we can go corner or edge with the our other 2nd rounder. Actually the order does not matter but I want a tackle on a rookie deal. You just have to do that to make it work with Trent's contract. In the next few years, we are looking at huge cap hits from his deal. 

"A couple of veteran NFL evaluators told me late in the week that they don't believe there's a single NFL starter in this year's quarterback class," Albert Breer of MMQB reported. "Not everyone was that harsh, but it was unanimous that these quarterbacks aren't close to last year's—and most agreed that all five of last year's first-round signal-callers would've been the top guy at the position in the 2022 draft."

Yikes LOL