2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

Didn't see one of these threads to discuss the college players that catch our eye. Zach Harrison is a potential top EDGE prospect out of Ohio St who had a pretty good game and forced a turnover against Minnesota. Dude is 6'5 with nearly 36" arms and is mainly potential at this point.

I haven't watched a lot of the prospects, but one my favorites based purely on his 2019 true freshmen tape is George Karlaftis, EDGE, out of Purdue. At 18 he looked insanely strong competing against guys like Tristan Wirfs. He's 6'4" 270 lbs and only started 3 games because of injury/COVID last year. Just looks like a pure football player.

I think EDGE is going to yet again be a position we need to address. It's one of the most important positions and we just can't seem to get it right. Joe Tryon looking pretty good right about now with that hindsight vision.

EDGE could be up there because you can never have too many but we have Dupree signed long term and I do think Weaver can develop into the other edge rusher since Landry is a FA after this year. I think OL will be a huge part of next offseason. Jones is a FA and 32. Saffold is 33 with 2 years left. Lewan is 30 and who knows how he’ll be returning. Davis should be locked in soon long term and who knows what will happen with RT. Radunz should be in the long term plans at one of the OG spots or OT. I do think they want to develop Brewer to play one of those interior spots. He looked pretty solid last season when he played coming in as a smaller guy from a small school and no offseason as an UDFA. TE also could be very high on the list. As of today, I’d go our top needs as OL, TE, EDGE, and WR.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I don't know how well Dupree will do when he's not paired with a ton of great dudes like he was in Pittsburgh. I think he's going to end up being a decent #2 for us, but we still don't have that guy that can win 1 on 1s. Weaver would be great, and we have a year to see if he can be that guy, but I think it's more likely that he's just a good player for us. Maybe he's our long term #2.

OL definitely needs work as you mentioned. A lot of the guys are getting older and we haven't really invested anything in depth outside of Radunz right now. It seems like they like Brewer, but idk if he's just a solid backup or in their long term plans.

I want some more bodies at TE, but as long as we have two good WRs and Henry I don't think we need to invest a lot at TE. Couple mid round picks over the next two years maybe.

Probably could be looking for a #2 WR soon as I'm not sure how long term Julio will be for us.

I'd say we agree on most of it. Depending on what OL we bring back I'd say EDGE/OL top priority and then WR/TE next depending on how Julio has aged and stays healthy.

I think our top 2 needs are TE and OL. Then I think you could put WR on there and potentially LB since both Evans and Brown are FA. Depends how much they like Long and Rice.

Truthfully I think we should look at drafting a QB to groom soon. Tanny ain’t getting younger and Woodside isn’t the long term answer

• 4 weeks later...