2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

If Ridder is any form of good and is available, Fickell will let Vrabel know yes or no. And that will be the QB we pick, if we pick one. 

Again, I'm definitely not a scout nor do I watch a lot of CFB

I just don't see Ridder as a QB with a high enough ceiling to win a SB. He just screams mid-round draft pick to me. And that's possibly where he goes...and possibly to us...but I wouldn't exactly be excited for him to be our "life after Ryan" qb.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I just don't see Ridder as a QB with a high enough ceiling to win a SB. He just screams mid-round draft pick to me. And that's possibly where he goes...and possibly to us...but I wouldn't exactly be excited for him to be our "life after Ryan" qb.

I wouldn't be comfortable with any of thes QBs being the guy to attach our future. 
I can see some things that would make them good. I just think about Herbert and how he had some traits but the offense didn't highlight the NFL traits as much.

It's tricky to try to imagine what they would look like in the NFL.

I'm torn between not drafting a QB until we need one and drafting one early and "wasting" an 1st round pick on a guy that won't play. 

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

When I talk about ceiling, I'm usually talking about the absolute best case scenario.  Ridder is a project mentally, but physically, he's everything you want.

Ridder has the second strongest arm in this class, only behind Willis, who has a really, really, really good arm.

People forget too how ridiculously athletic Ridder is.  For comparison, here's what he did at the combine next to our own AJ ******* Brown:

Ridder: 4.51 40, 36" vertical, 127" broad
Brown: 4.49 40, 36.5" vertical, 120" broad

That's ridiculous for a QB, and when you throw in the fact that he has prototypical size, with big hands, long arms, and the height/weight combo you like, he's 100 percent there physically.  He can be a difference maker with his legs.

But he has accuracy issues and does a horrible job of reading a defense.  His accuracy issues aren't that bad.  They need to be better to be a good player in the NFL, but they aren't too far off.  They aren't as severe as Josh Allen's were.

But he just plain can't read a defense that makes adjustments.  He's gonna have to be taught that from the ground up, and that's asking a lot.  But if he didn't have that issue, he'd be a first round pick, so if we're looking for someone we can get without spending a first, he's about as good as we can expect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

When I talk about ceiling, I'm usually talking about the absolute best case scenario.  Ridder is a project mentally, but physically, he's everything you want.

Ridder has the second strongest arm in this class, only behind Willis, who has a really, really, really good arm.

People forget too how ridiculously athletic Ridder is.  For comparison, here's what he did at the combine next to our own AJ ******* Brown:

Ridder: 4.51 40, 36" vertical, 127" broad
Brown: 4.49 40, 36.5" vertical, 120" broad

That's ridiculous for a QB, and when you throw in the fact that he has prototypical size, with big hands, long arms, and the height/weight combo you like, he's 100 percent there physically.  He can be a difference maker with his legs.

But he has accuracy issues and does a horrible job of reading a defense.  His accuracy issues aren't that bad.  They need to be better to be a good player in the NFL, but they aren't too far off.  They aren't as severe as Josh Allen's were.

But he just plain can't read a defense that makes adjustments.  He's gonna have to be taught that from the ground up, and that's asking a lot.  But if he didn't have that issue, he'd be a first round pick, so if we're looking for someone we can get without spending a first, he's about as good as we can expect.

I sure didn't realize Ridder had this kind of arm

I’ve been watching a lot of film on this kid Christian Watson the past few days; & I must say, I’m impressed. Kid is a baller, has a 2nd gear catches the ball with his hands is physical & can run after the catch. My player comp I come up with so far is he reminds me of a 6’3 version of Percy Harvin. However he’s more polished as a route runner than Percy coming out of college 

I'm starting to wonder if Matt Coral is a legit target for us at 26. After hearing Chris Simms talk him up I started looking into him a bit more, and I feel like he'd fit our offense perfectly. He comes from a system that primarily relies on the play action passing game, boots, and quick passes. He gets the ball out super quick, smooth athlete, great arm. I know the pro days are meant to highlight these kids and put them in the best position to look like a million bucks, but man he looked so smooth out there.

I think if we're taking a QB in this draft it's going to be in the first round because we want to have that guy under our control for that 5th year option especially since they're going to have basically a redshirt year this year. 

I think there's really something to be said for the QBs in this class for our particular situation. Everybody says it's not the strongest class, and we should wait until next year, but unless something goes drastically wrong this year, we're going to be picking late in the first again next year. Guys like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are not going to be there to be had for us unless we pay a king's ransom to get within striking distance and that could hurt our future having to give up that many future draft picks.

I don't know how the team feels about Corral, but the more I watch of him the more I think I could get behind drafting him at 26.

6 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I'm starting to wonder if Matt Coral is a legit target for us at 26. After hearing Chris Simms talk him up I started looking into him a bit more, and I feel like he'd fit our offense perfectly. He comes from a system that primarily relies on the play action passing game, boots, and quick passes. He gets the ball out super quick, smooth athlete, great arm. I know the pro days are meant to highlight these kids and put them in the best position to look like a million bucks, but man he looked so smooth out there.

I think if we're taking a QB in this draft it's going to be in the first round because we want to have that guy under our control for that 5th year option especially since they're going to have basically a redshirt year this year. 

I think there's really something to be said for the QBs in this class for our particular situation. Everybody says it's not the strongest class, and we should wait until next year, but unless something goes drastically wrong this year, we're going to be picking late in the first again next year. Guys like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are not going to be there to be had for us unless we pay a king's ransom to get within striking distance and that could hurt our future having to give up that many future draft picks.

I don't know how the team feels about Corral, but the more I watch of him the more I think I could get behind drafting him at 26.

My fear is we take someone that needs a lot of work and pass on someone that will be an instant player next draft.

But I've been looking at Corral and he checks a lot of the boxes that Robinson/Vrabel loves.  
Tough
Runner
Self-less
Leader

He has a rocket arm. I feel he could a version of Herbert.  Not as strong an arm as Herbert but a player that was in an offensive system that didn't highlight his best pro attributes.  Cause I mean Herbert looks totally different from what he did in college almost (outside the arm). 

If the WR they want isn't there, I'd be ok with a QB that the did homework on. I feel you can get a good OL in 3rd and 4th.  We have two 4th's.

So in that scenario
1-QB
3-WR
4-OL
4-TE
5th- OL
6th-? CB
6th-? Edge?