2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ll say this, I think I’ll be ok with a QB over taking Tyler Smith from Tulsa, who I’ve seen mocked to us recently. I am not high on him as a 1st round pick, at all.

I've not looked at a lot of the OL

But I think either Penning, Green or Johnson at OL. Those are my only acceptable guys right now in the 1st. 

15 minutes ago, 615finest said:

We drafting Vrabel son for RT!! Lol

I realize you are being facetious but is he projected to be a serviceable player in the league? I just did a quick google between classes seems like a swing tackle possible guard? What round is he projected? 

5 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I realize you are being facetious but is he projected to be a serviceable player in the league? I just did a quick google between classes seems like a swing tackle possible guard? What round is he projected? 

He was projected as a mid to late round pick the last time I looked him up

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I think these QBs are rated higher by the league than the draft community. 

Probably. Draft community is overcorrecting for an overall weak class.

You replace one of Pickett/Ridder/Corrall/Howell with your average first overall talent and this class would get zero hate.

Regardless of my feelings on the QBs(and honestly outside of Corral I don't think I've watched nearly enough of any of them to have formed any kind of opinion, as my college football watching has really fallen off in recent years. Pretty much only seen a few national broadcast games of the other guys, and that kind of sample size is just not worth going on), I feel like spending the 1st on a QB is just kinda..punting? almost? on the season.

Credit to Robinson for getting Jones and Landry back and bringing in Woods and Hooper to help the receiving corp, etc. But if we're gonna try to keep up in this arms race we need to try and add valuable/instant impact players in the draft, and that obviously gets harder the further on you go in it, and to our detriment we don't have a 2nd rounder.

Our first round pick needs to have impact. They need to fill that receiver, tight end or offensive line role(I guess there's a slight possibility that we could go corner, but I'd highly doubt it) with a solid player.

Drafting a guy to sit behind Tannehill all year does what for the team exactly?

Our roster isn't young and developing. Our roster is in a win now mode. If you're super optimistic we might have 3 years of our window being open. It's far more likely to be 2 or even 1 year though. I realize I'm probably the least down person on Tannehill on the forum, but even ignoring that, by not even attempting to trade him or to trade for any other option, we've said we're in on him.

Why half-*** it? If we did pick a QB, we know they aren't going to be considered generational, we are picking at the end of the first after all, so it's not even a case of "you can't pass on a QB that good even if you've already got a starter".

If we flop again next season/Tannehill stinks it up in the playoffs, trade him. Get a 3rd round pick for him or something. Then trade up in the 23 draft for QB or whatever.

Don't waste an impact player selection on a dude that you know is gonna ride the bench all season.

I think that's the only semi-realistic option that would have me upset with the first round pick. WR? Cool. OL? Cool. TE? Cool. CB? Eh, I dunno, but still cool I guess. All of those positions can come in and make a difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Probably. Draft community is overcorrecting for an overall weak class.

You replace one of Pickett/Ridder/Corrall/Howell with your average first overall talent and this class would get zero hate.

Maybe it's just me. But I don't see major difference with some of these guys and Zach Wilson. 

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Regardless of my feelings on the QBs(and honestly outside of Corral I don't think I've watched nearly enough of any of them to have formed any kind of opinion, as my college football watching has really fallen off in recent years. Pretty much only seen a few national broadcast games of the other guys, and that kind of sample size is just not worth going on), I feel like spending the 1st on a QB is just kinda..punting? almost? on the season.

Credit to Robinson for getting Jones and Landry back and bringing in Woods and Hooper to help the receiving corp, etc. But if we're gonna try to keep up in this arms race we need to try and add valuable/instant impact players in the draft, and that obviously gets harder the further on you go in it, and to our detriment we don't have a 2nd rounder.

Our first round pick needs to have impact. They need to fill that receiver, tight end or offensive line role(I guess there's a slight possibility that we could go corner, but I'd highly doubt it) with a solid player.

Drafting a guy to sit behind Tannehill all year does what for the team exactly?

Our roster isn't young and developing. Our roster is in a win now mode. If you're super optimistic we might have 3 years of our window being open. It's far more likely to be 2 or even 1 year though. I realize I'm probably the least down person on Tannehill on the forum, but even ignoring that, by not even attempting to trade him or to trade for any other option, we've said we're in on him.

Why half-*** it? If we did pick a QB, we know they aren't going to be considered generational, we are picking at the end of the first after all, so it's not even a case of "you can't pass on a QB that good even if you've already got a starter".

If we flop again next season/Tannehill stinks it up in the playoffs, trade him. Get a 3rd round pick for him or something. Then trade up in the 23 draft for QB or whatever.

Don't waste an impact player selection on a dude that you know is gonna ride the bench all season.

I think that's the only semi-realistic option that would have me upset with the first round pick. WR? Cool. OL? Cool. TE? Cool. CB? Eh, I dunno, but still cool I guess. All of those positions can come in and make a difference.

I agree with this. If we're going all in this year go all in and do everything possible to build up the offense and give Tannehill as much talent as humanly possible around him. I want a speedster WR to take the top off the defense so badly to add that dimension to the offense. Jameson Williams would just be so fun, but I worry that we won't get much of an impact from him as a rookie because of the ACL. I also love Olave and Christian Watson. It's a deep WR class though with lots of guys that could fill that role in the mid rounds, so I could see Zion Johnson easily being the pick.

My only devil's advocate for the QB conversation is kind of what I said the other day. There really won't be a better situation for us to draft a QB than this year. This year if a guy we like falls to 26 we could take him and give him a year to develop behind Ryan. If we wait until the wheels fall off of Ryan then we'll be in a mode where we HAVE to find our QB next offseason and more than likely have to give up a king's ransom in draft picks just to get into striking distance for one of the top QB prospects. Just in an ideal world it'd be nice to already have the future QB in house and ready to roll when it's time as opposed to having to be in panic mode to find our next guy because we waited too long with Tannehill and didn't plan ahead.

I feel like we're going to go Zion Johnson in the first and WR/TE with the next two picks though, and I wouldn't mind that at all.

6 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I feel like we're going to go Zion Johnson in the first and WR/TE with the next two picks though, and I wouldn't mind that at all.

I wouldn’t hate it, but I would definitely be annoyed. Especially if we don’t at least try to trade down.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I wouldn’t hate it, but I would definitely be annoyed. Especially if we don’t at least try to trade down.

I'd like to trade down too, but I'm trying not to get too tied to that idea since we always wanna trade down every year and it never materializes lol.

• Like 1

the thing about trading down is there has to be someone who wants to trade up lol. not to mention the compensation has to be right. you can't just choose to do it if you want to. it's a near-certainty that we've attempted to do it at various points and it just hasn't worked out.

• Like 1