2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

Just now, 615finest said:

šŸ˜¢

Yeah don't expect them to be there at 26. But I've also heard arguments to why no WR will be taken in top 15.Ā 
The sense I've also gathered is neither one of them are "alpha dogs" in an offense. They are good pieces.Ā 
Ā 

I mean, if Olave, Williams, and Wilson are all gone before 26, that just means the chances of Drake London or Treylon Burks being there are higher.

Iā€™d take that all day.

Really donā€™t care which one, a great receiver will be an option at 26. Iā€™d honestly prefer it not be Williams, because injuries.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, if Olave, Williams, and Wilson are all gone before 26, that just means the chances of Drake London or Treylon Burks being there are higher.

Iā€™d take that all day.

Really donā€™t care which one, a great receiver will be an option at 26. Iā€™d honestly prefer it not be Williams, because injuries.

Thereā€™s a chance none of the fiveĀ are there at 26. The Jets, Falcons, Eagles, Saints, Commanders, Packers all need WR help and the Chiefs have the assets to move up to draft one if need be.

If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™m pretty high on SkyyĀ Moore Ā so I wouldnā€™t have a problem with him at 26.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Thereā€™s a chance none of the fiveĀ are there at 26. The Jets, Falcons, Eagles, Saints, Commanders, Packers all need WR help and the Chiefs have the assets to move up to draft one if need be.

If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™m pretty high on SkyyĀ Moore Ā so I wouldnā€™t have a problem with him at 26.

Hard to say who the next guy up would be.Ā  Could be Moore, or Pickens, or Watson, or Bell, or Dotson, or even Pierce.

Although with the three OTs, two QBs,Ā fourĀ Edges, at least threeĀ DBs, and another DLĀ that are practically guaranteed to be off the board by 26, if five WRs go, then some very, very good players are still on the board, and trading down should be easy, if they choose to do it.

One of Edge 5, QB 3, CB 3, DL 2, IOL 1, RB 1, TE 1, or OT 4 will be, by definition, available.Ā  And all of those are good players.Ā  Someone in the next few picks will be willing to move up for one of them.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'm holding out hope, dammit!

As much as I've talked about spending your high value picks on the impact positions (QB>>WR>CB>EDGE>OT), I think I would prefer to draft a lesser valued position with a first round grade than to force ourselves into a second round graded player at one of those positions.

If you have an OG/C/TE/DT/LB/SĀ with a late first grade and the best available WR on your board has a mid second grade, what do you do?

I could see two ways of thinking about this.Ā 

1. Confident in your draft grades: You're trying to build the best roster possible so you need to draft the best players possible instead of reaching.

2. Not confident in your draft grades: The draft is a crap shoot and a lot of it is luck. If you're going to be getting lucky or unlucky, you might as well do it with positions that make the highest impact.Ā 

25 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

As much as I've talked about spending your high value picks on the impact positions (QB>>WR>CB>EDGE>OT), I think I would prefer to draft a lesser valued position with a first round grade than to force ourselves into a second round graded player at one of those positions.

If you have an OG/C/TE/DT/LB/SĀ with a late first grade and the best available WR on your board has a mid second grade, what do you do?

1. Confident in your draft grades: You're trying to build the best roster possible so you need to draft the best players possible instead of reaching.

2. Not confident in your draft grades: The draft is a crap shoot and a lot of it is luck. If you're going to be getting lucky or unlucky, you might as well do it with positions that make the highest impact.Ā 

I think they are very confident in their grading system. Simply just be evaluating how they draft and the degrees of success they have had.Ā 

I think it comes down to the Quarterback position.Ā 
Not in a way of saying can we win with Ryan. But in the sense that they obviously are looking at a succession plan and wonder how they can get a good QB without tanking it all.Ā 

Will we be good enough to keep us from drafting high?
Will next year's QBs be better than this year?
Are any of these QBs a year away from being good?
Can we afford to draft a QB in the 1st this year just to sit him?

Somehow or another, I feel the QB spot is driving all the decisions of how they attack this year's draft.Ā 

41 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Given Robinsonā€™sĀ history in the first round, and some may disagree, it feels like he leans more towards No. 2. Itā€™d be tough to sell me on the idea that weā€™ve gone BPA, or even just BPA amongst a number of impact positions,Ā in five of his six drafts (at least in the first, probably trends that way in the second and later). Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s much of an argument that Conklin, CD, Adoree, Evans or Wilson were the best players on the board, simply that the positions were chosen before the draft and we went ahead and took the top player at that specific position once we are OTC. Could probably include Farley in that argument too.Ā 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Given Robinsonā€™sĀ history in the first round, and some may disagree, it feels like he leans more towards No. 2. Itā€™d be tough to sell me on the idea that weā€™ve gone BPA in five of his six drafts (at least in the first, probably trends that way in the second and later). Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s much of an argument that Conklin, CD, Adoree, Evans or Wilson were the best players on the board, simply that the positions were chosen before the draft and we went ahead and took the top player at that specific position once we are OTC. Could probably include Farley in that argument too.Ā 

I think the pattern I've seen in most of our drafts has been drafting for need. I think you could argue that in most of Robinson's drafts, especially the earlier ones, he has focused the first pick on whatever the largest hole on the roster was.

Last year was an exception where we desperately needed a WR and just said F it.

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think they are very confident in their grading system. Simply just be evaluating how they draft and the degrees of success they have had.Ā 

I think it comes down to the Quarterback position.Ā 
Not in a way of saying can we win with Ryan. But in the sense that they obviously are looking at a succession plan and wonder how they can get a good QB without tanking it all.Ā 

Will we be good enough to keep us from drafting high?
Will next year's QBs be better than this year?
Are any of these QBs a year away from being good?
Can we afford to draft a QB in the 1st this year just to sit him?

Somehow or another, I feel the QB spot is driving all the decisions of how they attack this year's draft.Ā 

I think you're always looking for a succession plan when you don't have a top 5-8 QB.Ā 

I don't think you look at drafting a QB wondering if a QB can be good, though. I don't think you even sniff drafting a QB unless you think he is aĀ  "Wow" guy that's going to be a future MVP.

Getting the next Kirk or Jimmy G doesn't get us any closer to the Super Bowl, and statistically, these guys aren't even likely to be that good.

They could be, so you have to do your homework and evaluate them. You don't want to miss out of the next Mahomes because you already have a "good" QB, but the truth is those guys aren't in most drafts and we might not see another one for years to come.

I personally don't feel like the QB position is going to change much about our draft. I don't see a guy worth loving and I think they've seen enough to know that Ryan Tannehill can win games when we have competent weapons and play-calling. Yeah, he played like *** in the playoffs, but I'm really hoping they can watch that film and think to themselves about the 20 plays we wasted giving a lumbering Henry who looked like 60% of himself the ball. We basically just threw away 20 entire plays. That's absolutely not the main reason we lost, Tannehill's turnovers are, but there's no reason to repeatedly make his job more difficult by being the most predictable team in the NFL and running every first down.Ā 

A lot of football is a chess match, and we spent too much of that trying to impose our will instead of being smarter.

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think you're always looking for a succession plan when you don't have a top 5-8 QB.Ā 

I don't think you look at drafting a QB wondering if a QB can be good, though. I don't think you even sniff drafting a QB unless you think he is aĀ  "Wow" guy that's going to be a future MVP.

Getting the next Kirk or Jimmy G doesn't get us any closer to the Super Bowl, and statistically, these guys aren't even likely to be that good.

They could be, so you have to do your homework and evaluate them. You don't want to miss out of the next Mahomes because you already have a "good" QB, but the truth is those guys aren't in most drafts and we might not see another one for years to come.

I personally don't feel like the QB position is going to change much about our draft. I don't see a guy worth loving and I think they've seen enough to know that Ryan Tannehill can win games when we have competent weapons and play-calling. Yeah, he played like *** in the playoffs, but I'm really hoping they can watch that film and think to themselves about the 20 plays we wasted giving a lumbering Henry who looked like 60% of himself the ball. We basically just threw away 20 entire plays. That's absolutely not the main reason we lost, Tannehill's turnovers are, but there's no reason to repeatedly make his job more difficult by being the most predictable team in the NFL and running every first down.Ā 

A lot of football is a chess match, and we spent too much of that trying to impose our will instead of being smarter.

"Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect. NFL Comp: Jay Cutler."
That was NFL.com's draft profile on him.Ā 

Watson ( who I'm not a real believer or fan of on the football field and now off) was compared to Marcus Mariota.
While far from absolute, I just throw those out to help illustrate how important it is to go to the right fit. Mahomes in Jacksonville might have ended up being just Jameis Winston (Lot of yards but also a lot of INTs).

If, BIGGGG IF, we did draft the next Kirk Cousins or a younger version of Tannehill, give them a better supporting staff than those players had when younger, more stable environment and hopefully good coaching, can they be the guy we need?

By all accounts, someone like Ridder or Corral are hard workers, smart guys and love the game. They should put in the work to be good at what they do. Could that not increase the chances of them being good in the NFL?

I don't know. Trying to think like the Titans.Ā 
I personally want Zion Johnson or Burks in the 1st, nothing else. lol

I don't see Skyy Moore going in the first, but I love his game. He reminds me of Keenan Allen. Great route runner and great hands. He's going to be a great security blanket for a QB. I think if somehow all of Williams/Olave/Wilson/Burks/London are gone at our pick if we can't trade down, I'm probably going Christian Watson. His combo of size and speed is just too good to ignore.

Christian would literally give us the speedster over the top guy we've needed while also being a big bodied receiver that can play on the outside and make contested catches all in one player.Ā 

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm ready for the outrage when we take a QB with Burks and a top OL on the board.Ā 

Iā€™d be a bit disappointed, but not stunned, and honestly, it wouldnā€™t even be the most disappointed or frustrated Iā€™ve been with a Titans first in the last three years. Iā€™d rather have a QB than an ILB.Ā 

Would mostly just leave me wishing weā€™d been more active in adding talent this offseason. Just not sure the additions weā€™ve made can justify spending a first on a non-contributor, especially when weā€™re without a second.