2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If you believe that our owner’s net worth is causing us to not spend money, then it’s not Ryan Tannehill’s contract that is limiting us, it’s the woman with the $3 billion asset that won’t match spending.

This is how a owner can be worth 3 billion easy but don’t have big money, again networth is a total of your assets, how much you think The titans are worth 🤔 then add how much you think Nissan stadium is also worth I believe the adams also own the stadium. That’s why mark davis left oak the city wouldn’t give him money to build a new stadium their argument you a billionaire owner build your own stadium without tax payer dollars & his response just because you’re a billionaire owner doesn’t mean you have money like that. I can also give you another ex the lakers Jerry Buss didn’t have money like that & multiple times was asked to sell the team but he stayed a float with majority owners. & they sign a huge TV deal with time Warner sports

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think the perception is that his contract is keeping us from going to get other players.
Also they don't feel like he is the 14th best QB.

The highest paid after him are guys like Mariota so people just want to hate him.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

If you believe that our owner’s net worth is causing us to not spend money, then it’s not Ryan Tannehill’s contract that is limiting us, it’s the woman with the $3 billion asset that won’t match spending.

She doesn’t have a 3 billion dollar asset anyway. She’s part of an ownership group that inherited from Bud. IIRC she has like a 20% stake in what’s probably closer to a 2b asset.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

She doesn’t have a 3 billion dollar asset anyway. She’s part of an ownership group that inherited from Bud. IIRC she has like a 20% stake in what’s probably closer to a 2b asset.

Yeah, I suppose. I’ll go with, if the ownership group of a $3 billion asset (and it’s definitely at least $3 billion, Broncos are about to go for $4b, there’s just significantly more demand than supply when it comes to NFL franchises) is limiting spending compared to competitors, calling one player’s contract a limitation on our ability to add talent is placing the blame in the wrong place. 

Listening to The Athletic Football podcast, and they were talking about the sweet spot for a QB cap percentage for the team in a season is somewhere between 12-15%. Tannehill is currently taking up about 18% of our cap and will be at about 16% next year. For comparison, Mahomes is currently at about 17%, Dak is at about 9%, Aaron Rodgers is at 13%,

That’s the problem with Tannehill’s contract.

31 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We're back to our owners being cheap again? lol

I won’t say they’re cheap because she spends money when we have available cap it’s just the titans not as rich as the owners who can manipulate the cap to the point we hear the cap doesn’t exist, restructures cost Momey up front 

Just look at history most of the trades we make, Julio Tannehill, Demarco, woods we typically do business with teams that agree to pay a boat load of the players salary or roster bonus do. When we cut players it’s with a small cap hit or when no guaranteed money left on deal, when we spend money in FA it’s when we’re way under the cap & have money. We don’t do a lot of restructures to create big cap space

50 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Listening to The Athletic Football podcast, and they were talking about the sweet spot for a QB cap percentage for the team in a season is somewhere between 12-15%. Tannehill is currently taking up about 18% of our cap and will be at about 16% next year. For comparison, Mahomes is currently at about 17%, Dak is at about 9%, Aaron Rodgers is at 13%,

That’s the problem with Tannehill’s contract.

Then your issue is that we restructured his contract so that he only made 11mil last year so that we could add a WR in his 30s who basically didn't play all year.

When you restructure players contracts you still have to pay them, it's moving money around not making it disappear.

That's why these 'we're cheap' statements are jokes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Then your issue is that we restructured his contract so that he only made 11mil last year so that we could add a WR in his 30s who basically didn't play all year.

When you restructure players contracts you still have to pay them, it's moving money around not making it disappear.

That's why these 'we're cheap' statements are jokes.

Yeah, I mean, there’s basically two problems with the Tannehill contract.

First, Covid. The cap decrease that no one could have possibly predicted when he signed his contract forced our hands into a full restructure. He represented 6% of our cap last year. In a normal year, even if we were to restructure, it wouldn’t have been nearly as extreme as dropping him down to $11 million.

The second is that he just didn’t play well enough last year. If he had, we probably would’ve tacked on another year or two to stretch it further and bring the number down

11 hours ago, Daniel said:

In the situation where the top 6 WRs are all gone and Zion Johnson is gone, who do yall take? Kenyon Green? The next best OT? WR 7?

I think Green would be the pick in that situation. I think he'd rank higher than the next WR. 
Unless they do like I think and take the best WR possible because the options in the 3rd won't be as appealing. 

25 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I mean, there’s basically two problems with the Tannehill contract.

First, Covid. The cap decrease that no one could have possibly predicted when he signed his contract forced our hands into a full restructure. He represented 6% of our cap last year. In a normal year, even if we were to restructure, it wouldn’t have been nearly as extreme as dropping him down to $11 million.

The second is that he just didn’t play well enough last year. If he had, we probably would’ve tacked on another year or two to stretch it further and bring the number down

He had a down year, but he had the league's worst play-caller and, post-season aside, he was throwing to Cody Hollister, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, and Geoff Swaim for a good part of the year. Those guys are lucky to make a practice squad if we let them go.

But yeah, people are comparing his most expensive years because of a restructure to elite QBs cheapest years.

Tannehill is 29m APY. Watson is damn near 50m. 

Unfortunate it's costing us so much, but a lot of that comes down to our failure to draft a supporting offensive cast as well.

Edited by TitanSS