2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

55 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-two-round-mock-draft-packers-double-dip-at-wide-receiver-eagles-take-three-on-defense/amp/
This might be the worst one and would probably break me lol. Take an ILB and the next three picks are Zion, Burks and Williams.

Yeah.  I think the ILB picks are just people who don't do any research, and saw that Rashaan Evans is no longer on the team, and he was a first round pick, so they must need a LB!

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Yeah.  I think the ILB picks are just people who don't do any research, and saw that Rashaan Evans is no longer on the team, and he was a first round pick, so they must need a LB!

Evans and Brown left so give them an ILB.

Why is Treylon Burks dropping in mocks? A month ago he was the consensus WR1 and a top 10 pick. Now he's falling to us in a lot of mocks? I'd love for him to fall to us, but I'm just kind of confused by the sudden fall when most people didn't expect him to make it out of the top 10 a few weeks ago.

Just now, SerenityNow said:

Why is Treylon Burks dropping in mocks? A month ago he was the consensus WR1 and a top 10 pick. Now he's falling to us in a lot of mocks? I'd love for him to fall to us, but I'm just kind of confused by the sudden fall when most people didn't expect him to make it out of the top 10 a few weeks ago.

Underwhelming testing numbers.

1 minute ago, SerenityNow said:

His combine wasn’t as explosive as they thought it would be and they said he struggles getting in and out of breaks 

7 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Just not a good athletic profile. Which wouldn’t necessarily scare me off, but will almost certainly scare off some. Real common theme of players that really struggle to create any separation in the NFL.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Just not a good athletic profile. Which wouldn’t scare me off, but will almost certainly scare off some.

He compares athletically to Dez Fitzpatrick? Take it to the bank we're taking him lol. Yeah in all seriousness, I'd still love to have him. We'd have YAC for days with AJ/Woods/Burks. 

6 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Some are saying it's because he doesn't have any route running skills. All his catches are close to the line of scrimmage. 
He had limitations where he lined up.
The offense was simple.

Those are a few things I've read floating around. 

ILB would be the position that probably irritated me more than any other position besides RB.

Just no reason to ever take an ILB in the first round unless you're getting some blue chip pass coverage LB. I'd rather have an OG.

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

ILB would be the position that probably irritated me more than any other position besides RB.

Just no reason to ever take an ILB in the first round unless you're getting some blue chip pass coverage LB. I'd rather have an OG.

Unless it’s a talent like Kuechly, then hell no. Dean or any of the other LBs in this draft are not even close to that level. 

Assuming Wilson, Olave, and Lindenbaum are gone, my top 5 big board would go…

1.) Treylon Burks

2.) Trevor Penning

3.) Zion Johnson

4.) Arnold Ebiketie

5.) George Karlaftus

HM: George Pickens, Boye Mafe

Priority #1 to me should be trying to trade back. I know many will say, we don’t need an edge rusher. I’m of the opinion that Bud will likely be gone after next season especially if he deals with more injuries. Plus are we comfortable with Weaver and Ola as the only guys behind Bud and Landry? I’ve always had the mindset that you can never have too many good pass-rushers or DL in general. Clearly there’s 3 offensive guys I have above the pass-rushers though but if somehow all 3 are gone, I’m looking at BPA regardless of position. I left guys like Jameson Williams and Drake London off of this due injuries. London is much further along but I’m just not a big fan of his anyway. I’d rather not draft a guy like Williams who likely won’t play until mid season at the earliest. 

3 hours ago, 615finest said:

It’s funny because if they actually paid attention to the pro days and the players we’ve been talking to they would knw that LB isn’t one of our top concerns lol.

Yeah.  I expect to see that kind of thing from FF mocks, but not from a major site from professional writers.  Just shows a lack of research.

And it doesn't take much.

On 3/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, titans0021 said:

I’d be a bit disappointed, but not stunned, and honestly, it wouldn’t even be the most disappointed or frustrated I’ve been with a Titans first in the last three years. I’d rather have a QB than an ILB. 

Would mostly just leave me wishing we’d been more active in adding talent this offseason. Just not sure the additions we’ve made can justify spending a first on a non-contributor, especially when we’re without a second.

Alec Peirce is climbing my rankings for WR. Liked him then turned away. Now I can see him being a Titan.