2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

Treylom Burks issue isn't going to be his straight line speed. His 40 yard dash isn't the concern. He lacks agility and doesn't run a full route tree. He plays from the slot or the backfield and is given the ball on a lot of screens and gimmick plays. If he doesn't have the agility to be a great route runner and he's not this elite athlete at the next level, what are you projecting him to be? He's less Percy Harvin and more Laviska Shenault.

• Like 1

I've heard good things about Zack Tom from a ton of different places which leads me to believe he will go higher than projected. If everyone thinks he's a steal at the end of Day 2, he probably goes earlier than that on Day 2. Don't see him there at 90.

The other issue is that he profiles similarly to Radunz where he has positional versatility, plus athleticism, and really needs to add strength.

I think there is a 90% chance we're drafting Tyler Smith and I hate it.

I think Zion Johnson is probably #1 on our board of realistic options, but I think the board falls in a way that they have to choose between Tyler Smith and a WR they only kind of like and we get first round OT reach #2 in 3 years. /cry

My dream of realistic options is probably still Skyy Moore. Scared of the small school, but love the way he moves.

Edited by TitanSS

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think there is a 90% chance we're drafting Tyler Smith and I hate it.

I think Zion Johnson is probably #1 on our board of realistic options, but I think the board falls in a way that they have to choose between Tyler Smith and a WR they only kind of like and we get first round OT reach #2 in 3 years. /cry

In that scenario, I am definitely a lot less hostile to the idea of taking a QB.

Or more ideally, just trading down. If five WRs are gone and all OLs higher ranked than Tyler Smith are gone, someone has fallen that another team will be interested in.

I probably would want Jahan Dotson if he’s still an option if we had to stay where we are.

The thing about picking 26 is that you gotta hope that 25 other teams somewhat got it wrong for you to have an impact player in the first. 

Some recent #26 picks:
Jordan Love
Montez Sweat
Calvin Ridley
Takkarist McKinley
Paxton Lynch
Breshard Perriman
Marcus Smith

Really looking at these drafts 25 and below goin back to 2014, Lamar Jackson might be the only real impact player. 

EDIT: 2017 gave us TJ Watt, Tre White, David Njoku, and Ryan Ramcyzk

Odds are looking like no matter who we pick, it's gonna be an average to below average guy.  Everyone holding out hope that we going take this guy that will immediately fill a hole might be disappointed.

Likely the guy we take is a role player at best. 

Preparing myself for Tyler Smith being the guy at 26. It’s not that I hate him as a player. There’s actually more to like to him than I thought, especially if you intend to play him at guard. I just can’t justify taking a guy with so many things he needs to work on in the 1st round.

He’s a home run 3rd round pick like Nate Davis, not the 26th pick imo.

Edited by TitanSlim

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Preparing myself for Tyler Smith being the guy at 26. It’s not that I hate him as a player. There’s actually more to like to him than I thought, especially if you intend to play him at guard. I just can’t justify taking a guy with so many things he needs to work on in the 1st round.

He’s a home run 3rd round pick like Nate Davis, not the 26th pick imo.

I’ll say this, I think Davis was a better prospect. Even as a guard, Smith will have to learn a ton year 1. His hand usage is garbage. Dude can’t pass-block for ****. If the plan is to play Radunz at RT, I damn sure wouldn’t be wasting a pick on a OG at 26, especially one who needs a ton of development. I still don’t know what they want to do with Radunz at this point. Dudes got the body of a LT and they want to mess around with him at OG. 

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The thing about picking 26 is that you gotta hope that 25 other teams somewhat got it wrong for you to have an impact player in the first. 

Some recent #26 picks:
Jordan Love
Montez Sweat
Calvin Ridley
Takkarist McKinley
Paxton Lynch
Breshard Perriman
Marcus Smith

Really looking at these drafts 25 and below goin back to 2014, Lamar Jackson might be the only real impact player. 

EDIT: 2017 gave us TJ Watt, Tre White, David Njoku, and Ryan Ramcyzk

Odds are looking like no matter who we pick, it's gonna be an average to below average guy.  Everyone holding out hope that we going take this guy that will immediately fill a hole might be disappointed.

Likely the guy we take is a role player at best. 

So are you saying screw it take a qb? 😆

Edited by twotonebluenation