Bills are the team to beat

BillSabre

12 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I truly believe the Bills will have the best record in the league while simultaneously having the number one offense in the league. Thoughts on this?

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility. If one of the RBs can establish themselves as the go-to guy, I can certainly see this as true.

(Even if the RBs don't blow up, I could see this happening).

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Bucs are running it back with every starter. They are the team to beat

I remember feeling this way last year. Granted, essentially starting an entire OL of backups changes things. 

Bills are the #2 team in the AFC in my biased opinion. If/when the Bills beat KC it can be debated. 

• Like 1

They are in the mix.

That being said KC still has Mahomes, Kelce and Hill and TB is one of only 2 teams since 2000 who had a top 3 DVOA and scoring offense in year 1 with a new QB. The other being Denver 2012 and that offense took it to a different level a year later. And then there is the top scoring offense from last year with the MVP and best WR in the game.

But they also went 13-3 and have an easy schedule. 

My answer to both would not be BUF but it wouldn't shock me either.

I think the Kansas City Chiefs are still unquestionable #1 team to beat in the AFC.

Bills, Browns and Ravens all could be that team by the end of the regular season. I'd put the Titans as the fourth challenger in a tier of it's own. I'd be pretty shocked if the top team of the AFC wasn't one of these five though.

6 hours ago, Trojan said:

I think the Kansas City Chiefs are still unquestionable #1 team to beat in the AFC.

Bills, Browns and Ravens all could be that team by the end of the regular season. I'd put the Titans as the fourth challenger in a tier of it's own. I'd be pretty shocked if the top team of the AFC wasn't one of these five though.

Agreed however there are always 1-2 teams that piss in everyone's cherios every year and suddenly compete for the SB. The Bills last year were supposed to be a decent, maybe 9-10 win team but suddenly were in the final 4. Same with the Packers. In 2019 we saw it with the 49ers and Ravens. 

Based on what we know it's impossible to predict which team(s) it will be but it'll happen. 

Any of the 5 teams you mentioned could still win the AFC but there will likely be 1 team they will have to fend off nobody talks about that is suddenly 13-4 or 14-3. Top 5ish defense and your QB playing above expectations and you are suddenly very dangerous.

7 hours ago, Trojan said:

Agree with all of this, but I do think the Steelers are also in the mix until it’s proven otherwise.

I know the wheels fell off at the end of the season last year, but they did start 11-0 and still have a ton of defensive talent, a HOF QB and some skill position talent.

Yeah.. I frequent places like Bills reddit and the hubris amongst our fanbase is starting to get problematic. A lot of our fans seem to be trying to pivot from being the rootable "new kids on the block" to an offputting, narcisstic fanbase (not accusing YOU personally of any of this, but its a trend I've seen this offseason that I don't feel good about)

But back to the topic at hand - we're at the table. But we have to get it done before we start claiming things like this. And if you DO try to claim it, you have to support it and not just say "I feel like this"

We play the Chiefs in Arrowhead week 5. If we are 4-0 or 3-1 and then knock off the Chiefs, then we can start the conversation

Until then, we're simply a "contender" but not "the favorites"

Edited by Tk3

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Miami finishes first in the AFC East followed by the Patriots and then Bills in third. All playoff teams.

I don't. I think that Austin Jackson is so bad at LT that it might ruin their offense.  The videos I saw of him getting wrecked this preseason is scary bad, like how is he a NFL starter bad. 

• Like 1