Bills are the team to beat

BillSabre

• 4 weeks later...

The Bills are outstanding but they need to find something in the run game. They have struggled in the red zone all year because they are 1 dimensional and facing tighter windows.

Right now I think the Ravens are the team to beat because they've shown resiliency in multiple games this year. Come backs vs KC, Indy and Minny.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Remember The Oilers said:

The Bills are outstanding but they need to find something in the run game. They have struggled in the red zone all year because they are 1 dimensional and facing tighter windows.

Right now I think the Ravens are the team to beat because they've shown resiliency in multiple games this year. Come backs vs KC, Indy and Minny.

Can’t overhaul the offensive line in the middle of the season. They get zero push in the running game. Allen typically can mask their average at best pass protection, but today nothing worked. Allen was under duress the entire game. We knew the line was nothing special last season and the Bills decided to run it back with the same crew and it’s costing them big time. I’m not sure what they can do to fix it.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A bad game today, I still wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.

I think it depends on when you catch them.

Right now, they are a little Jekyll and Hyde.   They didnt particularly look good against the Dolphins, either.

The Bills got a case of Tomlin-itis where they are playing down to notably inferior teams.  Hopefully, for their sake, they get over it.

Just now, 43M said:

I think it depends on when you catch them.

Right now, they are a little Jekyll and Hyde.   They didnt particularly look good against the Dolphins, either.

The Bills got a case of Tomlin-itis where they are playing down to notably inferior teams.  Hopefully, for their sake, they get over it.

Their biggest weakness is that they can't run the ball.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Their biggest weakness is that they can't run the ball.

No argument, but not being able to run can affect the entire team, and its not a simple fix.

Steelers have been one of the worst rushing teams the last 2 years, so I can relate as a fan.

23 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Lmfao the team that's bullied on the garbage teams and lost to the steelers, titans, and jags and looked terrible against the dolphins is not the team to beat. They're not even a top 5 team in the league. 

Yea, it seems like the idea of the Bills being a great team is floating in people’s heads instead of the actual reality of them. Have played the worst collection of QBs I’ve seen in a minute outside of a struggling Mahomes & up-n-down Tanny & are still only 5-3. Sheesh.

Edited by ClutchDJ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Yea, it seems like the idea of the Bills being a great team is floating in people’s heads instead of the actual reality of them. Have played the worst collection of QBs I’ve seen in a minute outside of a struggling Mahomes & up-n-down Tanny & are still only 5-3. Sheesh.

Obviously there was some merit to it. The Bills crushed the terrible teams on the schedule couple of weeks ago and also came off the strong 2020 season. So people thought the Bills would just be this dominant force especially after they beat up the Chiefs. But the Bills haven't been consistent at all and their offense honestly looks average.

I guess this means Tom Brady can play another 5 years minimum if this is how defenses are going to play the big armed QBs. This plays right into his strengths.  Imo Brady is gonna take the Bucs right back to get another SB win. 🤷

Swiped off of Rotoworld: 

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia said the Bills offense is getting "the Chiefs treatment," with opposing defenses using the "Cover-2 shell" approach. 

In their Week 9 upset win over the Bills, Jacksonville's shoddy defense deployed a Cover-2 shell, "designed to take away long-ball opportunities by keeping each safety deep and anchored to one side of the field, giving ample support to the zone coverage of cornerbacks and linebackers in front of them." The Cover-2 shell forces otherwise high-flying offense to remain patient and take underneath throws rather than downfield shots, as the Bills did throughout 2020 and into 2021. And it can frustrate big-armed quarterbacks like Josh Allen (and Patrick Mahomes) accustomed to aggressive downfield passing. Against Jacksonville on Sunday, "the Bills had no answer other than to take what the Jaguars were ceding with underneath throws," Buscaglia said. Allen finished with 264 yards, no touchdowns, and two picks. If the Bills can't punish opponents with an effective rushing attack when defenses use the Cover-2 shell, their offense will be easily stopped, just as Kanas City's once-great offense has come to a screeching halt this season. Cole Beasley and other short-area pass catchers will retain their fantasy value for as long as Buffalo opponents deploy the Cover-2 shell. Stefon Diggs and Emmanuel Sanders are a different story. The team's Week 9 loss was "a massive signal to the rest of the league that the Bills are flawed offensively and there’s a formula to turn them from extraordinary to inefficient," Buscaglia said. "Until the Bills find those answers on offense, there could be more precarious weeks ahead."

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1