Bills are the team to beat

BillSabre

They have the talent to be up there, but until they actually beat KC, I don't see how you can put them above KC. Buffalo lost both matchups last year, and I'd argue both were decisive wins considering the standings.

This would've kind of been like saying KC was the team to beat in 2018. As talented as they looked, as good as Mahomes was, they still were losing to the Pats, regular season, post season, and final standings. It wasn't until 2019, when they beat the Pats, got the #1 seed, made it further in the playoffs, that they became that team in the AFC. Buffalo could do the same this coming season, but until they do, KC remains the team to beat.

And that's without jumping cross conference and trying to decide what kind of claim they would or wouldn't have over the NFC teams.

• Like 1

Buffalo is a very good team.  However, the Bills have the advantage over the 2021 New England Patriots (not to be confused with the COVID-19 snakebitten 2020 Pats) only at QB and WRs.  The Patriots are better and deeper in the running game, at Tight End, defense, special teams (#1), and, especially, O-Line.  Even if one thinks this doesn't give Belichick's Boys the advantage, a cursory glance at the positional schedules should tell us who is winning the AFC-East.

Then there is the not-so-small matter of Kansas City...

48 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Buffalo is a very good team.  However, the Bills have the advantage over the 2021 New England Patriots (not to be confused with the COVID-19 snakebitten 2020 Pats) only at QB and WRs.  The Patriots are better and deeper in the running game, at Tight End, defense, special teams (#1), and, especially, O-Line.  Even if one thinks this doesn't give Belichick's Boys the advantage, a cursory glance at the positional schedules should tell us who is winning the AFC-East.

I think you have a point. The Patriots have a pretty good roster around their QB where he might not be asked to do a whole lot and they could compete for the division.  They have a better overall roster than last season and you can't under estimate Bill Belichick.  I think Mac Jones will play better than Newton did last season, hes more of the kind of QB they like.

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

The only player worth a damn New England to covid was Donta. Marcus cannons back up outplayed him and Chung was finished same thing with his back up.  Everyone else who opted out was literally scrubs 

Edited by CP3MVP

18 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The only player worth a damn New England to covid was Donta. Marcus cannons back up outplayed him and Chung was finished same thing with his back up.  Everyone else who opted out was literally scrubs 

As you suggest, the eight veterans who opted out--3 more than any other team--turned out to be only one aspect of the Patriot plight.  The biggest may have been the discovery that having the best coach in the NFL doesn't help as much when you're only able to practice once every two weeks.  This is before we get to the other schedule and organizational hassles. 

Assuming a normal year we should expect a return to normal results (~12 wins) before factoring in the jump in talent and ridiculously easy positional schedules (1-15-2-1 for QB-RB-WR-TE).

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think they’re the 4th seed tbh. Too one dimensional(although that dimension is outstanding.) Were one of the more fortunate teams injury wise last year which generally corrects itself the next year.

People said that about injuries after 2019 too lol.

I don’t think most people realize they never had their entire starting OL together for a game. John Brown missed some time, Tremaine Edmunds injured his shoulder week 1 but played through it minus one game I believe. Tre White missed a game. Matt Milano got injured again and missed most the season. Come playoff time Diggs and Beasley were playing on a torn oblique and Broken fibula respectively. 

The Bills didn’t have a high profile season ending injury like the Panthers or Giants but they weren’t a healthy team by any means.