Bills are the team to beat

BillSabre

38 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I expect more out of you ET80. 

I don't understand your defiance in this postgame situation

You were OTT with starting this thread. Take that kind of energy to a Bills echo chamber

We don't need to be beating our chests about how good we are until we prove it. As of last season, we fell solidly into top 3-ish team. It's fair for us to be optimistic about the season, but this sort of thing is only asking for criticism and ridicule if things don't go the way you expect

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I don't understand your defiance in this postgame situation

You were OTT with starting this thread. Take that kind of energy to a Bills echo chamber

We don't need to be beating our chests about how good we are until we prove it. As of last season, we fell solidly into top 3-ish team. It's fair for us to be optimistic about the season, but this sort of thing is only asking for criticism and ridicule if things don't go the way you expect

Bingo - there's zero upside to threads like this, and going after those who are trending in the right direction reeks of "I'm taking my ball and going home" energy.

@Tk3 @ET80 @BillSabre

And it's not like I didn't say the Bills won't be a playoff team. They could win it all this year once in the playoffs. By that point maybe they are the team to beat. But for the regular season standings and general output I expect the best team in the AFC East to be Miami a hair over the Patriots and the Patriots a hair over the Bills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

If the Bills would lean on their running game more they will be fine.  They figured it out in the 4th quarter for one drive.  They should look at what Cleveland is doing to give Allen a break so it is not all on his shoulders.  Otherwise, teams will use what the Steelers did to neutralize Diggs and do the same. 

I wonder why Moss was inactive. Singletary is fine but help goes a long way. Look what happened in the Patriots-Dolphins game. JJ Taylor was inactive, Sony Michel was traded away, Rhamondre Stevenson was benched in the second, Bolden was used once outside of special teams and James White was used primarily as a pass-catcher. What happened at the end of the game? Harris could only be subbed out for one snap at the end and came in visibly exhausted then immediately fumbled in the redzone, effectively handing the game to the Dolphins with under 3 minutes to play. Dolphins win. Point is depth plays a part in the game and affects (or should Josh McDaniels) the play calls.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Likewise - if you're going to make a thread like this and someone else raises their hand on a good call, I don't expect you to rain on their parade.

Put your team on a pedestal, fine. Don't knock others if they pat themselves on the back with their calls.

edit - @DoleINGout is a Pats fan too, IIRC. So he's not beating his chest, he correctly saw how the first week would play out.

Who’s looking at things out of context here, me or you? I highly doubt that when I stated the the Bills were the team to beat that his comment about Miami, New England and then Buffalo was his thoughts following week 1. Sure seemed to me that he meant for the year so my comment was made with that sentiment. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. Do you believe he posted that as his week 1 prediction ET? 

9 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Who’s looking at things out of context here, me or you? I highly doubt that when I stated the the Bills were the team to beat that his comment about Miami, New England and then Buffalo was his thoughts following week 1. Sure seemed to me that he meant for the year so my comment was made with that sentiment. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. Do you believe he posted that as his week 1 prediction ET? 

So what do you expect? Wait until week 18 to discuss? That's not how a message board works.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So what do you expect? Wait until week 18 to discuss? That's not how a message board works.

If you don’t want the smoke don’t make threads like this imo.

Literally all you’re doing is opening yourself up to this type of stuff. Boggles my mind people are still doing this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

If the Bills would lean on their running game more they will be fine.  They figured it out in the 4th quarter for one drive.  They should look at what Cleveland is doing to give Allen a break so it is not all on his shoulders.  Otherwise, teams will use what the Steelers did to neutralize Diggs and do the same. 

They "figured it out" when the Steelers went into prevent defense.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

YES…… if somebody makes a comment meant for the end of the year, I would expect to not see the standings after week 1 like they hit a bullseye. What world are we living in here?

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

If you don’t want the smoke don’t make threads like this imo.

Literally all you’re doing is opening yourself up to this type of stuff. Boggles my mind people are still doing this.

I don’t mind any of the comments. Obviously a thread like this will create chatter. I also don’t expect someone to act as if their end of year prediction was right after one week. IF I misunderstood what was said, it’s on me. 

Just to be clear……. I checked the comment made. It stated he believed the Dolphins would finish first in the AFC East, followed by the Patriots and then the Bills. So, like I said, it’s week one. Everybody loses. It happens. That prediction will be right or wrong at the END OF THE YEAR not after week ONE.