Bills are the team to beat

BillSabre

3 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Beating the defending AFC champs is noteworthy. Congratulations to the Bills. Let's see what they do for an encore!

I definitely brought this back up in jest. It’s a win in week 5, nothing more. Just stirring the pot after the backlash I got originally. There are a lot of really strong looking teams out there at the moment. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I definitely brought this back up in jest. It’s a win in week 5, nothing more. Just stirring the pot after the backlash I got originally. There are a lot of really strong looking teams out there at the moment. 

Buffalo is really impressing me.

I'm starting to think you were right on this one. Lotta football left, but everything Buffalo is doing is stuff that's sustainable over a season - creating turnovers, getting pressure, winning on the short to intermediate passing game. I'd like to see more of the run, but it's hard to not like Buffalo right now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm starting to think you were right on this one. Lotta football left, but everything Buffalo is doing is stuff that's sustainable over a season - creating turnovers, getting pressure, winning on the short to intermediate passing game. I'd like to see more of the run, but it's hard to not like Buffalo right now.

ET…….. Where I think the Bills are kind of separating themselves from most of the other top teams is on defense. I don’t think you’ll see the Bills in a shootout type game like Tampa/Dallas or LA/Cleveland. I’m more impressed after last night because they have played against some scrub quarterbacks but Mahomes is no scrub. This team is pretty complete. 

*The main reason I made the post originally is because this team reminded me of KC when they lost to the Patriots in the AFC championship game a few years ago. It was the next year they really took off and won it all. I saw that similarity with the Bills and felt like we’ve been watching the progression over the last few years and they seemed like they finally believe that they are the better team heading into any matchup and it’s paying off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigTrav said:

🤣 Fair play BillSabre.

I think it's Tampa, but Buffalo right there. Do those two play at all? (Not including the SB...)

Good sport……. Thank you! Yes they do. Me and a few buddies are actually going down for a week and going to the game. Definitely gonna be a good time. Booked everything before the season even started. 

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Steelers beat the Bills week 1

Raiders beat the Steelers the next week

Chargers beat the Raiders two weeks later

So right now the Chargers are the team to beat

Chargers, Ravens, and Bills are the teams to beat in the AFC followed closely by the Browns and Chiefs, imo. The parity is real this year, and I don't think ANYONE can claim there's much more than a slight gap between these teams.  

Edited by WizeGuy

27 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Chargers, Ravens, and Bills are the teams to beat in the AFC followed closely by the Browns and Chiefs, imo. The parity is real this year, and I don't think ANYONE can claim there's much more than a slight gap between these teams.  

I agree with you that those are the teams to beat as of now. Baltimore last night was insane but they could easily be 2-3 right now also. Kudos to them for pulling out the wins against Detroit and Indianapolis. The Chargers look very good also and losing to the Cowboys is much more respectable than losing to the Steelers for sure. I still give Buffalo the nod over the Chargers because of our defense. The gap is small though…… you are correct. Chargers v Ravens should be a fun one. 

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's less about being right or wrong about how good the team is - and more about putting yourself out there in a way that is unnecessary and off-brand to the team

Lots of Bills fans have felt disrespected over the years, and now are demanding that respect. Which I understand - but the respect is clearly there if you've watched any media coverage. This "we are still disrespected" mentality that a lot of Bills fans have is purely in their heads. I don't agree with vocally demanding it.

I don't want Bills fans to be thought of like the fans of other loud teams at the top. I'd rather be successful and rootable, at least to the extent that such a thing is possible.

just my .02

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:32 PM, Tk3 said:

Yeah.. I frequent places like Bills reddit and the hubris amongst our fanbase is starting to get problematic. A lot of our fans seem to be trying to pivot from being the rootable "new kids on the block" to an offputting, narcisstic fanbase (not accusing YOU personally of any of this, but its a trend I've seen this offseason that I don't feel good about)

But back to the topic at hand - we're at the table. But we have to get it done before we start claiming things like this. And if you DO try to claim it, you have to support it and not just say "I feel like this"

We play the Chiefs in Arrowhead week 5. If we are 4-0 or 3-1 and then knock off the Chiefs, then we can start the conversation

Until then, we're simply a "contender" but not "the favorites"

I wasn’t being brazen. I wasn’t pounding my chest. I simply made my prediction for the season. So here we are after beating KC and sitting at 4-1 with the most points scored in the league. YOU SAID that would be the time to “start the conversation”.