Which Alabama QB Will Have the Best Career?

brownie man

Which Alabama QB will have the best career?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

• Mac Jones Patriots
    • Jalen Hurts Eagles
    • Tua Tagovailoa Dolphins

On 9/4/2021 at 12:34 PM, NYRaider said:

So a slight improvement for a rookie QB vs the greatest QB of all time, lol.

It's more than a slight improvement. 

I think our WR room is bottom 3 in the league, but the TEs will make a huge difference. Gone from THE worst TE situation to one if not the best rooms in the league. OL is top 5 and the RBs are all pretty good. 

And I'd also say Brady didn't look 'washed' in his final season, he had a very similar season to 2012 or 13. 

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's more than a slight improvement. 

I think our WR room is bottom 3 in the league, but the TEs will make a huge difference. Gone from THE worst TE situation to one if not the best rooms in the league. OL is top 5 and the RBs are all pretty good. 

And I'd also say Brady didn't look 'washed' in his final season, he had a very similar season to 2012 or 13. 

2013 and 2019 are the only "washed" years.

2012 he was the best quarterback in football. Led the 3rd highest scoring offense ever at the time, and would have had 40 passing touchdowns if the Patriots didn't run the ball so much from inside the 5. Gronk and Hernandez also missed a combined 11 games.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:33 AM, NYRaider said:

It amazes me how much faith everyone has in Mac becoming a great NFL player. Tom Brady looked washed with a similar supporting cast in New England and then looked like the best QB in the NFL once he had a stacked team around him. But Mac Jones with a similar set of weapons around him is going to light it up as a rookie? 

Brady at the start of that season looked like he was going to light the world on fire and then they lost virtually everyone.

This offense is not the same remotely. 

Just at TE, Smith and Henry are light years ahead of the no names we had the last few seasons. Those guys legitimately sucked and were worst in the league level. Meters has developed and would have been a huge asset in 2019. Agholor was added to the team, he is better than pretty much everyone we had in the latter part of that year. Then in the running game Harris completely usurped Michel’s job and is flat out better. 

You can’t even compare the two offenses. 

On 9/4/2021 at 7:34 AM, NYRaider said:

So a slight improvement for a rookie QB vs the greatest QB of all time, lol.

How is that slight? They went fron two of the worst TE’s to one of most promising young TE’s and one of the most solid in the league, the RB who was out most of the year lost his job to someone much better in Harris and they drafted Rhamondre. Agholor is infinitely better than Dorsett at this point. Meyers broke out last year and really didn’t play much in 2019, he’s just flat better player. Newhouse was one of the worst lineman in the league if not the absolute worst when he was in there and Andrew’s is crucial to our line and he’s back as opposed to being out, we also added Trent Brown back. 

Its not the most talented offense in the league, but it’s a massive improvement over the last 2 years. It’s not even remotely the same. Edelman was the only major downgrade and he played injured nearly all of 2019 and missed most of last year so he was barely a factor at all. 

So two huge upgrades at line, two massive upgrades at TE, an upgrade at RB, more depth on the line, a better stretch WR, and a guy who has been improving every year as a young WR. There’s no reason Mac can’t have a respectable season if he has the goods. Bill’s going to put in positions to succeed, McDaniels is going to develop him and get the offense working for his strengths. It’s really just about whether he can ball or not 

5 minutes ago, biggie. said:

The fact Belichick is going to start Mac immediately is a huge sign he's something special.

It gives me some faith just because last year no matter how bad Cam was, you could tell Bill couldn’t stomach the idea of Stidham starting even when fans clamored for it and there was nothing to lose. Bill isn’t going to send a young QB out into a bad situation and let them drown. He had Cam to do the same thing as last year if he really wanted that. 

He really didn’t need to make that move and I think most Pats fans were surprised Cam wasn’t the initial starter (even though most of us thought Mac was better)