Jaguars extend Telvin Smith - 4yrs, 44.4mil

pwny

11m is great if thats true. I always used to snag him in madden, cause he was a super cheap user LB....

Glad to see he's coming into his own, good for the Jags. 

Telvin is a terrible name though... poor guy. Does he have a good nickname?

23 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Telvin is a terrible name though... poor guy. Does he have a good nickname?

(On his nickname being Q-Tip) "Back home in Georgia, that's what everybody still calls me, but most of the time, outside of here people won't even know what that means."

(On how he got the nickname) "I had to wear a cast on my hand, like the club cast to support my hand. One day at practice I deflected a pass with it and my high school head coach Randy McPherson yelled out 'Q-tip' and from then on, it just stuck with me. We used to have this inside thing, Q-tip, and then it grew."

I’ve never seen it used though. 

3 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

He's a tackling machine but this is more than ogletree got.  For jags' fans sake, he better be worth it

Ogletree kinda sucks though....Telvin Smith is actually good and worth the money. 

He's definitely a BDL stud for sure.

52 minutes ago, iPwn said:

(On his nickname being Q-Tip) "Back home in Georgia, that's what everybody still calls me, but most of the time, outside of here people won't even know what that means."

(On how he got the nickname) "I had to wear a cast on my hand, like the club cast to support my hand. One day at practice I deflected a pass with it and my high school head coach Randy McPherson yelled out 'Q-tip' and from then on, it just stuck with me. We used to have this inside thing, Q-tip, and then it grew."

I’ve never seen it used though. 

Wonder if he's just making up a nickname hoping it sticks so he's no longer called Telvin. 

11 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

He's a tackling machine but this is more than ogletree got.  For jags' fans sake, he better be worth it

Yeah, pretty much everyone knew that he'd get more than Ogeltree. With Ogeltree making what he does, makes me feel great whether the deal is 44M or 50M. He's much better.

Archived