•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

32 minutes ago, chumpy said:

Cowboys MUST find a Center and OG in the offseason whether by draft or FA.  Williams and Biadasz are borderline awful. 

Dallas currently has all of their picks except round 7.  Here's a (way too early) 3 round Mock:

Round One: Tyler Linderbaum, Center, Iowa

Round Two: Isaiah Thomas, DE, Oklahoma

Round Three: Jalen Catalon, Safety, Arkansas

Williams struggles with power guys, always has but he hasn't been awful. He's a solid starter. Biadasz is more of the same, not great but not terrible. They held their own for the most part against Suh & Vea and took Jerry Tillery out of the game against LA. Fletcher Cox has always given us trouble, even when we had Fredbeard in there. 

Now, I wouldn't oppose the idea of Linderbaum if he's there. I think McGovern can slide into a starting position at guard if we let Williams walk, and while I like Biadasz I wouldn't say he's irreplaceable. 

35 minutes ago, chumpy said:

Cowboys MUST find a Center and OG in the offseason whether by draft or FA.  Williams and Biadasz are borderline awful. 

Dallas currently has all of their picks except round 7.  Here's a (way too early) 3 round Mock:

Round One: Tyler Linderbaum, Center, Iowa

Round Two: Isaiah Thomas, DE, Oklahoma

Round Three: Jalen Catalon, Safety, Arkansas

McGovern is your 2022 starting LG.

I agree that starting Center will likely be addressed. 

39 minutes ago, chumpy said:

Williams and Biadasz are borderline awful.

This is only a slightly extreme overreaction. Borderline awful is what the bears OL puts out. Those two are just more 'average' than the rest of our OL. They arent probowlers, but I bet they start on approximately ~20-25 teams. 

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is only a slightly extreme overreaction. Borderline awful is what the bears OL puts out. Those two are just more 'average' than the rest of our OL. They arent probowlers, but I bet they start on approximately ~20-25 teams. 

I think that’s accurate. Williams’ issue is that he’s physically weaker than many guys he goes up against so he’s getting bullied. Biadasz is just a below average Center at this point. If the opportunity is there to upgrade those spots, do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think that’s accurate. Williams’ issue is that he’s physically weaker than many guys he goes up against so he’s getting bullied. Biadasz is just a below average Center at this point. If the opportunity is there to upgrade those spots, do it.

Fans also need to realize a very simple truth:

When Smith is your LT and Collins/Martin are your right side - - every defense in the entire NFL is scheming ways to attack Williams and Biadasz. Their jobs are going to be much harder. Think about it: When Aaron Donald lines up, who do you think he wants to go against? Martin or Williams? 

Those positions are always going to appear to worse - comparatively. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

When Smith is your LT and Collins/Martin are your right side - - every defense in the entire NFL is scheming ways to attack Williams and Biadasz. Their jobs are going to be much harder. Think about it: When Aaron Donald lines up, who do you think he wants to go against? Martin or Williams? 

Of course. Any smart coordinator will find ways to scheme against the weakest part(s) of an opposing unit. 

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Of course. Any smart coordinator will find ways to scheme against the weakest part(s) of an opposing unit. 

It seems obvious but every week someone makes a comment like "Opposing teams are always attacking Williams"... In my mind, I am thinking "Duh. And that will keep happening until your LG is better than your RG. The fact that Martin is a top 5 OL in the NFL means that its going to happen no matter who lines up at LG. We most likely dont become a better team by replacing Williams, we just substitute him for the next person to get scheme against."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Exactly. You aren't likely going to have 5 All-Pro guys on your offensive line at the same time ever. The fact we have 3 (when Collins comes back) when most teams are lucky to have one is a major upside for us. Williams is a solid starter who just struggles with power guys, and Biadasz is basically in his first full year - give the guy a break. I think all things considered he's been doing extremely well - y'all remember Phil Costa? 

• Like 1

I haven't watch any replays of games, but Steele "appears" to be playing some good RT.. Question, is this correct? and If so, what about considering placing L Collins at LG over CW down the road?? Thinking L Collins is our "poor man's" Larry Allen and might be just as good/better at LG. 

Not implying is or isn't, just happy with the way Steele "appears" to be playing. And I believe in at least considering any and all options to improve this team. 

Thoughts??

Edited by resilient part 2

Center appears to be on everyone’s radar, ND Center Jarrett Patterson worth keeping an eye on moving forward. Believe Linderbaum is too good and Dallas is good enough for lines to simply meet. Patterson from what I’ve seen woukd be an excellent consolation prize.

Anyone else should be on the radar? 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:28 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

As much as it pains me...maybe LBer does need to be on the radar. I hope we see a little of Cox soon. 

With only 3 LBs under contract (Parsons, Cox, Basham) beyond this season, good bet it’s probably going to be pretty high on the priority list. 

Iowa has two that would be terrific fits, Jack Campbell and Jestin Jacobs. Campbell is very good, Jacobs may be better and with a higher ceiling.