The Binding of Isaac: Remafia (Delirium wins!)

TheKillerNacho

Sad that my two favorite tainted versions didn't get to come out cause @Pickle Rick and @Malfatron died too early.

The Hoarder
Character_Tainted_Cain_appearance.png

"And the Lord said to Cain, 'Where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?'" - Genesis 4:9

You are aligned with Isaac: Eliminate all threats to Isaac.

ROLE ABILITIES:
(In general, you may only use one of your role's actions each night. Abilities marked as "Passive" are always active, and "Day Actions" are instead used during the day.)

• SOHBsqk.pngBag of Crafting
    • Once per night (eight times per game), target another player. That player receives one of these abilities not already given out, of your choosing:
      • hKmv2q5.pngMom's Knife
      • tanyZVV.pngMagic Mushroom
      • urtFrLd.pngSacred Heart
      • mgcyZv4.pngHoly Mantle
      • ArakKQ1.pngMagic 8 Ball
      • ZQRWGDb.pngCursed Eye
      • Sp8XwFr.pngRedemption
      • YeER1Rv.pngBeth's Faith
  • N18H1AV.pngAbel (PASSIVE)
    • Any alignment reports generated about you are fabricated to indicate you are Bible-aligned.

The final item being an inside joke/Easter Egg relating to @Dome in @bcb1213's Yellowstone mafia:

• YeER1Rv.pngBeth's Faith
    • Once per night, target another player to receive a report about whether they are or were Bethany.

The Capricious
Character_Tainted_Eden_appearance.png

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." - 2 Corinthians 5:17

You are aligned with Isaac: Eliminate all threats to Isaac.

ROLE ABILITIES:
(In general, you may only use one of your role's actions each night. Abilities marked as "Passive" are always active, and "Day Actions" are instead used during the day.)

• jGDJiTT.pngǴ̸̠̪̖͚͛̀̀̓͗̄̀̂̉͛͘͜͜͝l̵̛̮̳̎́̇̃̈́̈̃̎̚ȋ̵̡̛̯̭̝̋̇̕͘͠͝ţ̷̢̳̦̩͇̱̬̼̲̳͈͛̒͠ͅc̸̢̻̙̺̮̣̤̭̘̜̠͔̗̍̓̆̑͊̆̆͜͜͝h̷̛͖̰̑͌̌͋̋̚͝e̴̢̩͔̥̣͋̌͗̈́ͅͅd̵̲̪͕̀̔̀̎̎̌̚̕͝͝͠͝ͅ ̴̳́̉̀̍͊͑̃͛C̴̦͎̖͆́̇̈́͋̒͛͆̃̅͆̉̐̚r̸̙̝̩͈̃́͆̍̎̓̍̅̿̃̂́̚o̸̺͇̯̞̭̭̾͌̌̆̀w̷̞̫̻̥̰̞̠̠̭̪̥̐̑́̕͜n̸̼͙̗̜͖̠͓̮̊̾͛͗
    • Once per night, target a player. If your target has a non-faction ability that won't be out of uses by the end of the night, you trade this ability for one of those abilities, at random (while they receive this ability in its place).
    • You are bound by any restrictions the ability has when you receive it. For instance, if the ability cannot be used two nights in a row and your target used it that same night, you cannot use it the following night. If the ability only had three total uses and it was already used twice, you will only be able to use it once more. In any case, you will be told of the state of any restrictions on the ability as you receive it.
    • The trade is permanent. They will no longer have or be able to use the ability you receive, and you will no longer have or be able to use Glitched Crown (unless the player who currently has it happens to use it on you)

Really wanted to see Glitched Crown getting passed around, spreading chaos lol

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Raves said:

Yeah at one point I did have the idea that someone would win the game if they had so many people tainted, but I thought it would've been a 3rd party that could win with anyone.

I specifically wanted it to be an Indie Scum. Since the actual flavor was Isaac slowly going mad due to oxygen deprivation. Also it seems pretty rare on this site for Indy scum to exist (cult and SK aside). Need to put the fear back in people's hearts!

Phew. I knew I was in trouble at the very end, but more importantly I have **** to do today so I'm glad it's over lol. 

Thanks for hosting @TheKillerNacho, it's always a fun game that is executed really well with you hosting. 

A few thoughts:

• I actually had two powers that would've kept me alive late in the game: one which allowed me to prevent all tainted players from voting for me AND another which stopped my first kill, either a lynch or night kill. With that being said, since I didn't have a kill myself (only taints), I don't think either would've helped me that much. Likely would've only delayed the inevitable, especially after Player B died. @TheKillerNacho what would've happened if we didn't lynch Player B? 
  • My strategy going in with taints was to taint people I figured had the lowest probability of being hit by Bible, thus them still being alive late in the game. That seemed to work pretty well. 
  • I considered my odds of winning to be low because not only did I have to taint every single player but I had to be alive at the end. My only chance was to obviously play as town-like as possible, but I had to take it to the extreme. I had to virtually clear myself, and the only way I knew to do that was to fake invests and be right. Both my fake invests of Orca and Josh were right (granted Orca was a different faction, but that didn't seem to come back to bite me). I was also high on TL/Carl and then rackcs late. If I was town, this would've been one of my best games too. 
  • Great game @Daniel. We had similar reads all game. You played stellar. Town MVP. For the record, I was convinced you were Leviathan because it was in my role PM (the faction, not the player) and when Raves posted that link, I thought for sure it was you. @jasonwbantle good game from you as well. 

Good game to all. I'll catch you all next month. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

Phew. I knew I was in trouble at the very end, but more importantly I have **** to do today so I'm glad it's over lol. 

Thanks for hosting @TheKillerNacho, it's always a fun game that is executed really well with you hosting. 

A few thoughts:

• I actually had two powers that would've kept me alive late in the game: one which allowed me to prevent all tainted players from voting for me AND another which stopped my first kill, either a lynch or night kill. With that being said, since I didn't have a kill myself (only taints), I don't think either would've helped me that much. Likely would've only delayed the inevitable, especially after Player B died. @TheKillerNacho what would've happened if we didn't lynch Player B? 
  • My strategy going in with taints was to taint people I figured had the lowest probability of being hit by Bible, thus them still being alive late in the game. That seemed to work pretty well. 
  • I considered my odds of winning to be low because not only did I have to taint every single player but I had to be alive at the end. My only chance was to obviously play as town-like as possible, but I had to take it to the extreme. I had to virtually clear myself, and the only way I knew to do that was to fake invests and be right. Both my fake invests of Orca and Josh were right (granted Orca was a different faction, but that didn't seem to come back to bite me). I was also high on TL/Carl and then rackcs late. If I was town, this would've been one of my best games too. 
  • Great game @Daniel. We had similar reads all game. You played stellar. Town MVP. For the record, I was convinced you were Leviathan because it was in my role PM (the faction, not the player) and when Raves posted that link, I thought for sure it was you. @jasonwbantle good game from you as well. 

Good game to all. I'll catch you all next month. 

I thought it was a massive mistake for you to go along with lynching him, given Raves was a jailer that could've prevented you from tainting Daniel indefinitely. If he was kept alive, he would've kept killing people or forced Raves to jail him. Of course, he could've also chosen you which would've been... bad.`

Btw not sure if you saw this but:

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Swoosh was convinced Leviathan was out there because of his win condition, lmao. But really it was KSJ's tainted form.

48 minutes ago, Raves said:

Yeah at one point I did have the idea that someone would win the game if they had so many people tainted, but I thought it would've been a 3rd party that could win with anyone.

Town can't even hang their heads for this performance. Bible got taken to the woodshed. Pure domination. 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I thought it was a massive mistake for you to go along with lynching him, given Raves was a jailer that could've prevented you from tainting Daniel indefinitely. If he was kept alive, he would've kept killing people or forced Raves to jail him. Of course, he could've also chosen you which would've been... bad.`

Btw not sure if you saw this but:

Oh yeah, I didn't want to lynch him, but as soon as Raves brought it up I knew I had to go along with it. I was thinking the same thing because it truly was the best town strategy IMO. I was hoping Daniel's hesitancy around it would help make him the lynch over me. 

As far as KSJ, that's funny. I was convinced it had to be Daniel given what Raves posted.

Well played @swoosh. I had the read that you were non-Isaac aligned and should have pushed that harder before dying, even if it meant stubbornly voting for you each day. Have a great vacation!

It's really fortunate that I died when I did. Saved me from my great embarrassment/misplay of my tainted ability, so thanks @carl_sjuniorfor that one. And @TheKillerNacho for letting me make that mistake. Great game, will definitely join a future TKN mafia game.

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Oh yeah, I didn't want to lynch him, but as soon as Raves brought it up I knew I had to go along with it. I was thinking the same thing because it truly was the best town strategy IMO. I was hoping Daniel's hesitancy around it would help make him the lynch over me. 

As far as KSJ, that's funny. I was convinced it had to be Daniel given what Raves posted.

Yep, KSJ had the one role that changed alignment on being tainted:

Spoiler

Seraphim
Transformation_Seraphim_appearance.png

"And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of the cherub, and the second face was a human face, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle." - Ezekiel 10:14

You are aligned as a Seraphim: While not technically a member of any faction, you win if and only if the Bible faction loses. You are not a threat to Isaac.

ROLE ABILITIES:

• 5uleL1E.pngImmaculate Heart
    • Once per night, target another player to protect them from being tainted during the night (this does not prevent them from being killed).
  • w78Tg6D.pngThe Halo
    • Once per night, target a player to receive a report on that player's alignment.
    • You cannot use this ability the first night of the game, nor can you use it two nights in a row.

@kingseanjohn could've become:

Leviathan
Transformation_Leviathan_appearance.png

"Let those curse it who curse the day, who are ready to rouse up Leviathan." - Job 3:8

You are aligned as Leviathan: While technically not part of either faction, you win if and only if the Bible or Suffocation faction wins. You are not a threat to Isaac (and thus cannot prevent the game from ending on your own).

ROLE ABILITIES:

• TEmuPYq.pngThe Nail
    • Once per night, target another player to protect them from being purified during the night (this does not prevent them from being killed).
  • LSQVHfM.pngSpirit of the Night
    • Once per night, target another player and specify a message of 255 characters or less. They will receive that message with their Role PM.
    • They will know the sender is you, but your Role Name and alignment will not be revealed to them.
  • 5rmLHxY.pngThe Mark (PASSIVE)
    • The first time someone attempts to purify you during the night this game will fail.
  • QpFnK3f.pngThe Pact (PASSIVE)
    • The first time you would be killed at night by a member of the Bible faction, that kill is prevented and they are told of your alignment and win condition, instead. In return, you will learn the name of the player who attempted to kill you.
    • After this ability triggers, if that player would be lynched, it is automatically overturned to you, instead.

Also it was the role I re-added to the game when he joined to make it 22 players. This was a completely random thing, which was amusing. Random.org be wack sometimes.

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

Well played @swoosh. I had the read that you were non-Isaac aligned and should have pushed that harder before dying, even if it meant stubbornly voting for you each night until dying. Have a great vacation!

It's really fortunate that I died when I did. Saved me from my great embarrassment/misplay of my tainted ability, so thanks @carl_sjuniorfor that one. And @TheKillerNacho for letting me make that mistake. Great game, will definitely join a future TKN mafia game.

Thanks for playing! You're definitely getting an award so stay tuned.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, it was you who nailed Josh, then Orca. Which basically lolcleared yourself.

Haha true, I definitely helped town get there, but Daniel caught squire and town as a whole chose right with carl and rackcs. 

The best part is most lynches weren't even particularly close. Like Bible stood no chance whatsoever. I guess there's not much they can do when they're red lettered three times. People are going to follow that. 

• Like 1