Kenny Vaccaro - What's he worth?

Dome

16 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

If someone wants to pay him 8-9m per year then please let them. He is not great against the pass, but CAN be good against the run. Let someone else pay him all of that money. We should keep the youth movement going.

19 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

If someone wants to pay him 8-9m per year then please let them. He is not great against the pass, but CAN be good against the run. Let someone else pay him all of that money. We should keep the youth movement going.

Bell is (marginally) better in coverage and a better blitzer. He's just a good of tackler, but I think Vaccaro is a bit better at reading and reacting to blockers. Bell reminds me more of Harper than anyone since, well Harper.

Vaccaro is too stiff and totally unmotivated in coverage. He flourished his rookie year playing around the LOS and covering checkdowns, he demanded a position change in year 2 (was envious of Eric Reid's rookie season stats and wanted to play like a true safety) and was terrible and was publicly benched when he flopped. Ever since then he's played his nickle LB role but his motivation has never been there IMO

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Bell is (marginally) better in coverage and a better blitzer. He's just a good of tackler, but I think Vaccaro is a bit better at reading and reacting to blockers. Bell reminds me more of Harper than anyone since, well Harper.

Vaccaro is too stiff and totally unmotivated in coverage. He flourished his rookie year playing around the LOS and covering checkdowns, he demanded a position change in year 2 (was envious of Eric Reid's rookie season stats and wanted to play like a true safety) and was terrible and was publicly benched when he flopped. Ever since then he's played his nickle LB role but his motivation has never been there IMO

I think Bell can get better at reading and reacting with more playing time. I really like him as a starter going forward.

Just now, JMG5 said:

I think Bell can get better at reading and reacting with more playing time. I really like him as a starter going forward.

Agreed.

I think Vaccaro is worth 5-6m for his role here, but he's far from expendable. Upgrades at LB would pretty much negate his loss immediately IMO. 

23 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Agreed.

I think Vaccaro is worth 5-6m for his role here, but he's far from expendable. Upgrades at LB would pretty much negate his loss immediately IMO. 

Kenny is just far too inconsistent for a veteran player with marginal athleticism and no 1 defined position. Bell has more upside than Kenny and is much younger and cheaper. I also didnt like how Kenny gave up on plays this season and he has been somewhat injury prone since he's been here. If Breaux comes back healthy and Crawley and Williams play the slot and we upgrade the LB group in the draft, their is simply no need for Kenny moving fwd IMO.

28 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Agreed.

This.

We need to upgrade the LB position and the defensive line in the off-season. With upgrades at those positions we can be a very good defense.

10 hours ago, JMG5 said:

This is what I was thinking.

Vacarro + Bell + Williams = Ingram + Peterson + Kamara. Eliminate the one who doesn't quite fit right, and the other two grow!

Man, I wish we had a Sharper to sign (minus the drug induced pipe laying).

On 1/14/2018 at 2:57 PM, Mid Iowa said:

This is what I was thinking.

Vacarro + Bell + Williams = Ingram + Peterson + Kamara. Eliminate the one who doesn't quite fit right, and the other two grow!

Man, I wish we had a Sharper to sign (minus the drug induced pipe laying).

We have our ballhawk already. Say hello to Marcus Williams! Like many elluded to already...he'll be the tackling machine we need him to be as well. That's the difference an offseason can make. 

Oh, and Marcus is a class act to boot... and he's still maturing. Nothing but win-win in regards to him.

To answer the thread topic question...not much to this defense.

1 hour ago, jcvoodoo said:

We have our ballhawk already. Say hello to Marcus Williams! Like many elluded to already...he'll be the tackling machine we need him to be as well. That's the difference an offseason can make. 

Oh, and Marcus is a class act to boot... and he's still maturing. Nothing but win-win in regards to him.

Yeah, I like the kid. I do wish he had the 9 or 10 (whatever it was) years of experience to go along with his good play. It'll happen, I know.

3 hours ago, jcvoodoo said:

To answer the thread topic question...not much to this defense.

Don't get me wrong, KV is good in-the-box but we can survive and even thrive w/o him. Keep the money he'd demand (according to the rumormill) and throw it elsewhere... like Dontario Poe ;)

3 minutes ago, jcvoodoo said:

I like the potential LBs we can draft, so not worried in the least.

Idk, LB is the one position this team can’t seem to get right... AJ is the best we’ve had in a long time, and he’s really just average

Archived