Week 1 GDT - Detroit Lions vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just random looking at all the SB predictions and what not....Quite a few have us meeting the Packers in the conference championship game and losing. I can assure you one thing, if we do indeed meet the Packers in the playoffs, we will not be losing to them...Just not happening lol. Funny thing is every time we are good, we play the Packers first in the regular season and again in the playoffs. So if we beat them in week 3, good chance we are beating them again in the playoffs...See 2012, 2013 and 2019.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just random looking at all the SB predictions and what not....Quite a few have us meeting the Packers in the conference championship game and losing. I can assure you one thing, if we do indeed meet the Packers in the playoffs, we will not be losing to them...Just not happening lol. Funny thing is every time we are good, we play the Packers first in the regular season and again in the playoffs. So if we beat them in week 3, good chance we are beating them again in the playoffs...See 2012, 2013 and 2019.

They don't employ Mike Pettine any more. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

They don't employ Mike Pettine any more. 

Doesn't matter who they employ. Did they employ Pettine in 2012 and 2013??? There's some sort of curse on the team when the Niners are good, they just aren't beating them in the playoffs...It's clearly revenge for how much Favre owned this team in the 90s lol.

And I know Packers fans kill Pettine, but more than that it was the offense that couldn't do a DAMN thing against this defense until the game was out of reach....Packers were shut out in the first half of both games in 2019.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Doesn't matter who they employ. Did they employ Pettine in 2012 and 2013??? There's some sort of curse on the team when the Niners are good, they just aren't beating them in the playoffs...It's clearly revenge for how much Favre owned this team in the 90s lol.

And I know Packers fans kill Pettine, but more than that it was the offense that couldn't do a DAMN thing against this defense until the game was out of reach....Packers were shut out in the first half of both games in 2019.

Oh, you're talking in that way of having their number and stuff. Then yeah, I agree.  Though I don't really put any stock in 12 or 13 meaning anything for this year. 

Also, the regular season game this year doesn't mean a ton given that they may be missing arguably the best left tackle in football. That offensive line will have issues. I expect that to be a brutal offensive game

I still am holding out hope that we win a super bowl before Rodgers retires so that I can use twisted pretzel logic to support the notion we made the right choice with Alex

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, you're talking in that way of having their number and stuff. Then yeah, I agree.  Though I don't really put any stock in 12 or 13 meaning anything for this year. 

Also, the regular season game this year doesn't mean a ton given that they may be missing arguably the best left tackle in football. That offensive line will have issues. I expect that to be a brutal offensive game

I still am holding out hope that we win a super bowl before Rodgers retires so that I can use twisted pretzel logic to support the notion we made the right choice with Alex

Hey man, anytime the Niners have been good since the 2010s, they have owned the Packers...Doesn't matter who the HC is or who the personnel is, it hasn't been pretty for GB lol.

I'm just saying, I need to see it to believe it to be convinced the Packers can beat the Niners in the playoffs! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hey man, anytime the Niners have been good since the 2010s, they have owned the Packers...Doesn't matter who the HC is or who the personnel is, it hasn't been pretty for GB lol.

I'm just saying, I need to see it to believe it to be convinced the Packers can beat the Niners in the playoffs! 

It's funny because it always seems to be our rushing attack that beats the Packers.

First, it was the emergence of Kaepernick who literally ran by their defenders.

Then, it was Shanahan's scheme that gashed their d left and right and set up huge passing opportunities.

Now, it will the emergence of Lance who has the ability to take Shanny's scheme and playbook to a level never seen before. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol

Obviously, not wonderful news. But also, not unexpected news. 

I know people will be up in arms about this, but I honestly wasn't really thinking he'd be a major factor in the offense anyways. Maybe later on in the year? But definitely not a regular contributor. It is what it is at this point.