Week 1 GDT - Detroit Lions vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Ford had 6 pressures on like 9 snaps...

Funny-1018.gif

Nah, that was wrong and I didn't think it was right either when I originally saw that. He ended up playing 30 snaps, 29 of them rushing the passer. So six pressures in 29 pass rush snaps...Which is still very good. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, that was wrong and I didn't think it was right either when I originally saw that. He ended up playing 30 snaps, 29 of them rushing the passer. So six pressures in 29 pass rush snaps...Which is still very good. 

Yeah that was wrong. I had thought about it for a second, double checked the data and thought no way he only had 9 pass rush snaps. 

33 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah that was wrong. I had thought about it for a second, double checked the data and thought no way he only had 9 pass rush snaps. 

Because I remember him on majority of the snaps on the last drive and then he was in for the pick six and sack the following possession. That was more than 9 snaps on those three possessions alone. 

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Lance's designed runs we're about as bland and boring as Eli Manning's personality

You get a like for this sick burn alone. good one!

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Lance's designed runs we're about as bland and boring as Eli Manning's personality. I get not wanting to show much and especially against the Lions, so I'm hoping we some more exotic things against the Packers and Seahawks in a few weeks.

My theory is that we wanted to get Lance's rushing ability on film and also get his feet wet with some live action. We obviously have a much bigger playbook for him than we showed, but the game was out of hand before halftime, so we pulled back and kept it all under wraps at that point.

I was asking myself why Lance didnt finish off the fourth quarter. At the time it felt like a very easy move to make. I think that it was by design. There was no reason to show our hand to the entire league against the lions when we were up multiple scores. 

So, I think this is all overblown. Lance will continue to get a few plays per game to acclimate to the speed of the game, and you better bet your *** we have better plays drawn up for him.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

You get a like for this sick burn alone. good one!

My theory is that we wanted to get Lance's rushing ability on film and also get his feet wet with some live action. We obviously have a much bigger playbook for him than we showed, but the game was out of hand before halftime, so we pulled back and kept it all under wraps at that point.

I was asking myself why Lance didnt finish off the fourth quarter. At the time it felt like a very easy move to make. I think that it was by design. There was no reason to show our hand to the entire league against the lions when we were up multiple scores. 

So, I think this is all overblown. Lance will continue to get a few plays per game to acclimate to the speed of the game, and you better bet your *** we have better plays drawn up for him.

Thank you, kind sir.

And yes, what Shanny wanted to put on tape against the Lions in week 1 is not what will blow the doors off the NFL against a team like the Packers or Rams or Seahawks. 

I'm fine with how Lance was used against the Lions. Jimmy was looking good and the score dictated the bland play calling toward the middle and end of the game. No need to pull out crazy plays when it's not needed. 

Plus, you keep doing these speed and power options and then turn one of those into a play action and he's going to hit a homerun. 

Finally got around to doing a rewatch. ill keep it short since its way past my bedtime

- The mostert injury was such bullsh!t. Tracy walker III did an alligator roll waaay after the play was over. Completely unnecessary and it honestly feels like he was purposefully trying to sprain Mosterts ankle. Lions are now on my permanent sh!t list 

- I dont think people are giving the lions OL enough credit. That is a damn good unit, especially up the middle. They ran some 7 man protections where we rushed 4. They did a lot of good things in the run game. Ragnow might be the best center in the NFL

- It feels amazing to have this version of Dee Ford back. Almost feels like they were trolling us with all of the retirement talk. His speed rush moves are very nuanced and his speed on the edge is something we desperately need. 

- Alex Mack makes such a difference. He really solidified the interior of our line. I think this was a big reason why JG felt so comfortable.

- That deebo long touchdown catch felt super lucky when it happened, but then I remembered the play against baltimore where those two basically did the same thing. JG has said in the past that he will go after defenders with their backs turned. Deebo did the same thing he did to marcus peters, he waited until the very last second to make a play on the ball. If deebo reacts earlier, the defender turns around and its probably picked off. So kudos to JG for taking a moderately calculated risk and also deebo for not reacting to the ball in the air until it was about to fall into his hands. 

- I still have a ton of confidence in our defense. We will get the corner situation sorted out at some point. We are such an absurdly good tackling team. I really believe in Ryans. 

- I am still baffled at how it was 41-17 with 4:30 left in the game with the lions no where near the endzone. Lets not forget how much of a blowout this game really was. 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:55 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

A source said the 49ers also inquired about a potential trade for second-year Vikings cornerback Cameron Dantzler, who was a healthy scratch in Minnesota’s season opener at Cincinnati. The team is also maintaining an open dialogue with Richard Sherman, who remains unsigned.

Honestly, Sherman is my emergency plan if Jimmie Ward gets injured. We saw how we were able to expand our coverage scheme when Sherman was out last year. He may still be very good at his thing, but his thing limits what we can do defensively. But as a FS, his skillset and knowledge of the game would be upper level. I doubt he would have much to learn to move into Ward's spot.

Right now, I think we need Moseley on the field, if only because he knows all the ins and outs of the defense. He's a solid guy, not spectacular, but he has a leg up on everyone else in knowing the defense. Then you can have a Kirkpatrick or Norman on the other side who don't know all the wrinkles and can just play with their own veteran knowledge, while they grow accustomed to the scheme. And Lenoir is the first guy out of the bullpen, for me. Dontae is special teams, and in case of very very extreme emergency. He's really not a great defensive player. But he's there. He knows the defense...