2022 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

DreamKid

One way to make up for our Michigan woes to this point? Find a way to draft Aidan Hutchinson. This kid popped for me when watching Kwity Paye tape, and I've been hooked since. Freak athlete with Inside/Outside rush ability and enormous upside. Think of more athletic ZDS with the ability to play 5T, that's Aidan Hutchinson. He'll most likely play himself into Top 10-15 territory but hey, you never know? 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Rein said:

Re: Aiden Hutchinson, I believe I read somewhere that he’s been slimming down to the 260 range to improve his outside play, which is a shame because I really liked him as a disrupting 5-T at 280+.

Though I suppose it makes sense. Teams have the tape on him as a 5t to know he can man that position. So he’s probably trying to show more outside ability as a way of increasing his perceived versatility/value.

Though I do agree that if it’s not broke, don’t fix it. This is a gamble on his part that could pay off terribly (for him). If it doesn’t work however, I’d love to pounce in the event that he falls enough that it makes sense.

To add with regards to Linderbaum, if he displays the improvements this season that I anticipate then I’m all in on his bandwagon. That said neither Creed Humphrey [covid season] nor Tyler Biadasz [injuries] ever truly ascended to the level I thought they might during their senior seasons (granted Creed at least was very consistent with his previous seasons), thus a leap for Linderbaum isn’t a given.

However the idea of a big nasty with TL’s level of athleticism, increasing technical proficiency, and balance (along with KF’s coaching pedigree of course) could enter him into the Nick Mangold category of center prospect. Considering his athleticism, he’ll be more scheme diverse than Creed Humphrey- making him a great fit for a ZBS and he’ll still have that power man scheme versatility that Humphrey was a perfect fit for.

Now that we shouldn’t (hopefully) have such an advanced need for a playmaking WR having spent another 1st on one, I won’t need to divide my loyalty between the OL and WR. I think a dominant center is our biggest OL need and I think it’s the 2nd most important position along the OL. If we can get a truly impact option to pair with Lamar for the next decade that would be a beautiful thing.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is he going to be available in the lower 20's where we pick, though?

Who knows? He's a great prospect and should test really well, but it looks like it could be a deep EDGE class and there's always that unknown element. Greg Rousseau was thought of as a potential Top 5 guy and ended up going 30th overall. I didn't think Rashod Bateman would make it to our pick this year either. So while I wouldn't put money on Hutchinson being there for us, I also don't think it's so unrealistic to the point where there's no point in even discussing him like a Bosa brother level prospect or something. 

40 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I love how there are multiple plays in those clips where you can tell he takes great enjoyment out of burying his opponent after he's won the rep 🤣

Plugging Ekwonu into this system would be horrifying for opposing defenses. Our ground game has put up 3K multiple times now and essentially none of our IOL guys have actually been what I consider plus run blockers. This kid would make all those 3rd/4th and change runs we go for that much easier. A healthy Gus Bus running behind him would almost be unfair. 

Doesn't look bad in pass pro either. Certainly someone to keep tabs on this CFB season. Early Round G/T prospect for sure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...