2022 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

DreamKid

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Definitely a beast. Though if Bozeman continues to play at the level he’s been at the last couple weeks, center no longer is a need as I’m sure we’ll lock him up expeditiously.

At guard I felt he was simply above average and someone we could let walk after his contract. But center definitely has seemingly unlocked within him another level of play I didn’t anticipate.

So yeah, all that to say I think you have the right idea with the guard/OT hybrid is in order.

I haven’t given up on Patrick Queen, but I’m really liking what I’m seeing from Nakobi Dean, Georgia, LB. He’s got the tackling technique, the passion, the physicality, and the athleticism you look for in the position.

If he continues to operate at a high level this season, and Queen doesn’t bounce back and/or makes it evident that he’s a Hayden Hurst trade candidate option, then Dean is someone I’ll have on my watchlist of talents that might be worthy of a late 1st round pick.

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Would anyone be against a trade up to get this kid?

Probably still too early to tell. Looking over some of his tape, he doesn’t look like an easy mover, in the sense that I don’t think he’s going to ultimately test like some of the top OT/OGs. Thus I think there’s a strong enough chance that the underwear olympics could supply us with an opportunity to secure his talents without such maneuvers.

This is of course without having launched too deeply into the prospect evaluation phase.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

@diamondbull424if they do re-sign Bozeman and when the time comes Tyler Linderbaum is BPA, do you think he could play guard?

Could he play guard? He’s incredibly athletic and could be one of the better pulling guards in the league. He’s also seemingly added additional strength to his frame this season to improve at the POA.

So as a former DT convert to center I definitely think he could make the switch. Though if I had to guess he’d be more of a finesse guard option in the mold of a Ben Grubbs. Though his pulling ability would make what we had with James Hurst quite envious.

• Like 1

I see only 2 maybe 3 positional options for our 1st Round Pick.

OL, EDGE/Pass Rusher, and CB

The 2021 DI class is really weak(I know he'll be mocked to us 8,000 times- but IDK we don't need Jordan Davis(Massive early round DI/NT with super limited pass rush ability/upside) in the 1st), we won't pick a TE/WR/QB/HB, LB is off the table(We'll resign Fort and already invested two early round picks in Queen & Harrison), Deshon Elliot might come back cheap or someone of Stephens/Stone/Washington will get the shot at FS- so I don't see Safety as a possibility.

Despite making it work in 3 out of 4 games thus far, our OL still sucks or at the very least greatly caps our potential on offense. So OL is 100% on the table and the most likely direction. T, G, C all are viable options imo.

McPhee is year to year, Houston is only one month younger than McPhee, basically we need other starting caliber players in that rotation beyond Bowser & Oweh. I think Hayes has potential but his injury issues from college are following him into the pros, and then Ferg is an afterthought at this point. Campbell might also be gone after this season making interior pass rush a big need as well. So with no good DIs on the board, an EDGE player that could also rush inside is a definite possibility for the pick. 

CB would be my final guess, and I'd put it neck and neck with pass rusher or ahead depending on who we lose in the offseason. Marlon is the only true lock for the long term future and most of our other proven options are getting up there in age. CB is the skeleton key to high end success for the modern NFL defense and this scheme specifically. We'll need plus players at the position on Rookie deals while we push for SBs with Lamar on his max contract. High end depth at the position is also paramount- you can never have enough good CBs

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 10:03 AM, DreamKid said:

Uh oh. Ikem has a wrestling background too. You know our FO loves that. Everything about this kid screams Raven(even seeing a good number of KO comps). 

E-UbKAhWEAYOf7k?format=jpg&name=large

Hadn’t much paid attention to this tidbit. This guy is definitely a very Raven-y type pick. Has the obvious fit and now we don’t have to divide loyalties between needing to give Lamar weapons and needing to get him protection.

• Like 1

Almost universal Guard projection for Kinnard. Icky is still considered a viable option at Tackle though.

At this point Darian Kinnard feels like the Massive OL consolation prize to Ikem Ekwonu(also massive Daniel Faalele seems pretty buyer beware imo), he does have that SEC chip in his favor though. That's significant and he's more likely to be in the range of where we pick.