2022 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

DreamKid

On 1/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, Ray Reed said:

Let me be the first to say: I am out on David Ojabo.

With the way this team utilizes (mis-utilizes?) outside pass rushers, I do not see the value in taking another developmental pass rusher like Ojabo at pick 14. At all.

Would be a massive waste of assets in this scheme IMO

With Wink’s firing I am now amending this statement from earlier this month.

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

With Wink’s firing I am now amending this statement from earlier this month.

We should just trade up for Hutchinson and let's go win a championship. GO GET THE BEATERS!

We played Madden in the regular season, why stop there? Let's do it in the off-season, too.

Edited by RavensfanRD

Just making it officially known. Kenyon Green is my first man crush of this draft season.

Finished the LSU game and I loved his block at the 8:48 (or so) point of the game where he stuffs the defender to the ground. He didn’t start this game as strong as the others but he finished incredibly strong.

He’s a future All Pro OG (with potential PB OT ability) no question in my mind. Closes player comparisons that I can think of would be Elgton Jenkins and Creed Humphrey between his combination of size, power, balance, surprising athleticism/nimbleness, and attitude.

I think for our scheme he’s the best combination of OL fit, talent, consistency, and positional versatility. I see no holes in his game.

Stanley- Green- ? - Zeitler- Mekari

The only way I’d consider passing on Green is if it’s for someone that presents better positional versatility with similar talent, Sauce Gardner for example. Perhaps one of the top pass rushers that are incredibly unlikely to fall. That’s about it. I want a safety, but I don’t think Kyle Hamilton is as good a player as Green. (Which isn’t to say I don’t like Hamilton).

• Like 1

I’m a bit torn on Green but he was the consensus #1 Guard all season until people began to realize the physical dominance (and potential) of Ekwonu.

I’m personally driving the band wagon of Tyler Smith, who is strong as an ox and plays with an attitude. We need tone setters in our offense.

(On defense, I’m all in on Travis Jones out of Uconn, who I see as a 0/3 tech with upside on passing downs. Don’t believe we need a classic 0 tech in modern football, I.e full stop on Jordan Davis)

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Did he declare?

He did not communicate anything himself, but he featured on the official list provided by NFL of declared underclassmen.

Edited by Rein

13 hours ago, Rein said:

I’m a bit torn on Green but he was the consensus #1 Guard all season until people began to realize the physical dominance (and potential) of Ekwonu.

I’m personally driving the band wagon of Tyler Smith, who is strong as an ox and plays with an attitude. We need tone setters in our offense.

(On defense, I’m all in on Travis Jones out of Uconn, who I see as a 0/3 tech with upside on passing downs. Don’t believe we need a classic 0 tech in modern football, I.e full stop on Jordan Davis)

Agree with the full stop on Jordan Davis. I just don’t see the positional value to draft stock. Now if Davis were to somehow fall to the late 2nd in a Terrence Cody type fashion, I’d strongly consider him in that range, but in the 1st round- at any point, I’m out on him.

From what I’ve seen of Tyler Smith I like what I see. Seems to be quite athletic for a man his size.

I think Ekwonu is the splashier option for sure. He buries people on the regular. As a run blocker I feel he’s explosive, quick, and confident. When he’s in pass pro I feel he’s got less flexibility, agility, and contact balance. I think at guard you can hope he’s not overreaching and off balance and thus nullifies a part of his balance issues. In which case he’s got a strong case for best OL in the draft.

With Green, what makes you torn? For me his pass pro is beautiful and as a run blocker he’s not the same pancake artist as Ekwonu (granted I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more dominant run blocking OL hailing from a power 5 program than Ekwonu- usually it’s a D2 or D1AA type guy) but Green can move the LOS, and plays with an attitude. What flaws have you diagnosed within his game? Just curious.

First Mock Draft 

Round 1 (14th Overall)

Tyler Linderbaum Center - Iowa

- The value is just too much here. I'm not a fan of drafting a C this high but he completely bolsters our interior line for the remainder of Lamars days as a Raven. 

Round 2 (45th Overall)

Devonte Wyatt DL - Georgia

Went back and forth between Wyatt and Faalele here but I believe he'll be gone near the top of Round 2 and Wyatt is good value here. 

Round 3 (76th Overall)

Jalen Pitre CB - Baylor

Really like Pitre on tape. He fits the exact mold of what we like in our DBs. I'm also a big fan of Alontae Taylor but not this high. 

Round 3 (102nd Overall) *

Kellen Diesch OT - Arizona State

Really fits what we do in offense. Athletic and quick and will head up field for blocking. 

Round 4 (107th Overall)

Kerby Joseph S - Illinois 

This is a risky pick right here but the reward can be high. You're banking on the fact that he can build momentum after a complete breakout season.

Round 4 (116th Overall) f/NYG - f/CHI

Zachary Carter EDGE - Florida 

Prototypical Raven. Throw on the tape and enjoy.

Round 4 (126th Overall) f/ARI

James Cook HB - Georgia

Given all the injuries this year, I think RB is a low key need. James Cook brings a change of pace from both Gus and Dobbins. He's a great pass catcher in all aspects too. Another layer to our offense. 

Round 4 (136th Overall) *

Neil Farrel Jr. DL - LSU

Just a workhorse on that line. Could be used situational right off the bat. 

Round 4 (137th Overall) *

Mario Goodrich CB - Clemson

Developmental with the tools. Sometimes gets caught gambling. 

Round 6 (197th Overall) f/MIA

Logan Bruss OT - Wisconson

We love our Wisconsin guys. 

Some of the overall numbered picks could be wrong but this is my first Mock for the year. Likes. Dislikes? 

• Like 3

Kenyon Green, RT, #55

Not the biggest fan of his RT tape. He lumbers out of his stands, is consistently playing off balance, allows the defender to get into his chest too often. Wasn’t terrible, but this is only above average tape.

Could be a symptom of not playing the RT position enough to adjust, but as it stands, I definitely believe he looks much better at LT as in his Alabama tape than at RT as this tape.

At guard I think I like him more at RG a little more than at LG but the difference is pretty negligible.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:35 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Kenyon Green, RT, #55

Not the biggest fan of his RT tape. He lumbers out of his stands, is consistently playing off balance, allows the defender to get into his chest too often. Wasn’t terrible, but this is only above average tape.

Could be a symptom of not playing the RT position enough to adjust, but as it stands, I definitely believe he looks much better at LT as in his Alabama tape than at RT as this tape.

At guard I think I like him more at RG a little more than at LG but the difference is pretty negligible.

He's a guard all day and I wouldn't take the risk. It's looking like a tackle will be ripe for the picking come pick #14.