Raiders waive LB Tanner Muse

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NYRaider said:

He wasn't injured this year and everyone was complaining about how terrible he looked in our final preseason game.

Again I don't think he played bad in that game against the Niners when put at SLB. I'm also not the only one who thinks this. Here's a breakdown of every defensive snap that game. 

Another thing to take into account is most rosters only have one SLB and with KJ wright being on the team and so many linebackers on the roster, he would've automatically been the odd man out. So theres that 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Again I don't think he played bad in that game against the Niners when put at SLB. I'm also not the only one who thinks this. Here's a breakdown of every defensive snap that game. 

Another thing to take into account is most rosters only have one SLB and with KJ wright being on the team and so many linebackers on the roster, he would've automatically been the odd man out. So theres that 

If the staff had faith in Muse they wouldn't have signed KJ Wright, we want to win this year.

Just now, NYRaider said:

If the staff had faith in Muse they wouldn't have signed KJ Wright, we want to win this year.

At the same time do you have to also consider that it's a different defensive coordinator than the one he was drafted for. It's not uncommon when a defensive coordinator comes in with a completely different defensive scheme to get rid of most players who they didn't draft. 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing with Muse if you can't say that someone is a bust if they didn't play because of injury(that's anyone though). I said that from the beginning I'm saying it now

He’s a third round pick cut literally one year later. How is that not a bust. Not like it’s an iniury retirement lol

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

At the same time do you have to also consider that it's a different defensive coordinator than the one he was drafted for. It's not uncommon when a defensive coordinator comes in with a completely different defensive scheme to get rid of most players who they didn't draft. 

They don't get rid of talented players, especially young cheap talented players. Muse isn't very good. Maybe he could be a backup slb you can trust by year 4. Who knows. 

29 minutes ago, lester said:

Why would Perryman who has played in this system...was 2nd best grade of MLBers last year..be moved and not the LBer who Morrow HAD BEAT OUT Kick Kwiatkoski...well

Because from all accounts Perryman wasn’t even be brought in to start and just be depth till Morrow comes back. I don’t like Kwiat and I have already said that plenty on here but I bet those restructure he did makes it very hard to just let him go this year.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He was a third round S/LB convert a year ago and we drafted another S/LB convert this year, paid to resign Morrow, traded for Perryman, and signed KJ Wright. I'll trust Gus Bradley's opinion on LB's over Paul Guenther's and clearly he wasn't a fan of Muse. 

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

They don't get rid of talented players, especially young cheap talented players. Muse isn't very good. Maybe he could be a backup slb you can trust by year 4. Who knows. 

We have seven linebackers right now(with Muse had 8). That's almost 10 linebackers. At that point it becomes process of elimination. I would imagine you have to look at things like what position they play.

Tanner muse in the situation we're in right now is a back up SLB(what is the equivalent to having a back up full back) teams don't keep those specially when you have almost 10 linebackers