Raiders waive LB Tanner Muse

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And ever using a day 2, top 100 pick to take a guy and convert him to a position he has never really played WILL ALWAYS BE A BAD USE OF A PICK NO MATTER WHAT.

Not necessarily if you have a good foundation in place and have the luxury of taking those types of risks. We don't have enough talent to do that though.

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Assistants come and go all the time. The bulk of the staff that made the pick are still around. 

It was a bad pick then. It's a bad pick now.  And ever using a day 2, top 100 pick to take a guy and convert him to a position he has never really played WILL ALWAYS BE A BAD USE OF A PICK NO MATTER WHAT.

OK so your philosophy is never get a player and convert him to something else on day 2 or higher  Regardless of who the coach is. Correct?

Edited by Jeremy408

Muse was going to be a starter for us, Joseph was going to thrive in single high, Ferrell was definitely going to start over Maxx because he's an elite run defender. I honestly might be a fortune teller and was absolutely abused for saying none of those things would happen, lol. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK so your philosophy is never get a player and convert him to something else on day 2 or higher  Regardless of who the coach is. Correct?

Kyzir White worked well in LA under Bradley, it just didn't make a ton of sense to have Deablo/Muse both taking up spots on the 53 man roster. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm just saying that who are the coaches and that coaches credentials matter when a player is picked. 

You asked why he was drafted. 

He was drafted because some idiot saw an oversized S and thought "That's my day 2 LB!" despite there being virtually no indication of Tanner Muse being a remotely passable LB. 

Someone who saw him at Clemson and thought "LB on day 2!" Is a fool. And enough people said so immediately to make it not a big secret. Seeing him as a Day 2 LB makes me question one's decision making, whomever that may be. 

But, again, if we're going into the business of drafting ridiculous projects early, gimme the 260 LB punter Pittsburgh took in round 7, but let me make him a top 15 pick at DE! He profiles well for it. I bet he has a great first step, given that leg strength. Because, why not? No such thing as a bad pick. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

You're damn right. 

You can cite whomever you want, by the way. Outliers exist everywhere. 

But if I were drafting for an NFL franchise, there is no chance in hell I'm taking a guy in rounds 1-3 to play a position they didn't play at the collegiate level. There's too much available and proven talent that early to take that risk.

Round 4, I'm willing to talk about some athletic stud and taking 2-3 years to re-mold him. Before that, no. Not a single chance. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

You're damn right. 

You can cite whomever you want, by the way. Outliers exist everywhere. 

But if I were drafting for an NFL franchise, there is no chance in hell I'm taking a guy in rounds 1-3 to play a position they didn't play at the collegiate level. There's too much available and proven talent that early to take that risk.

Round 4, I'm willing to talk about some athletic stud and taking 2-3 years to re-mold him. Before that, no. Not a single chance. 

Ok. Good to know

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not necessarily if you have a good foundation in place and have the luxury of taking those types of risks. We don't have enough talent to do that though.

Nah, take them in round 4. 

Rounds 1-3 usually have plenty of known commodities. With the exception of a QB, I expect my day 1 and 2 guys to be pretty immediate contributors

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He was drafted because some idiot saw an oversized S and thought "That's my day 2 LB!" despite there being virtually no indication of Tanner Muse being a remotely passable LB. 

Muse played primarily in the box at Clemson and occasionally as a deep safety. He was viewed as a LB in the NFL because he didn't have the range in cover required to be a safety. I can see why a team would take a chance on him late in the draft based off the physical tools but round 3 was just way too high.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You asked why he was drafted. 

Someone who saw him at Clemson and thought "LB on day 2!" Is a fool. And enough people said so immediately to make it not a big secret. Seeing him as a Day 2 LB makes me question one's decision making, whomever that may be. 

But, again, if we're going into the business of drafting ridiculous projects early, gimme the 260 LB punter Pittsburgh took in round 7, but let me make him a top 15 pick at DE! He profiles well for it. I bet he has a great first step, given that leg strength. Because, why not? No such thing as a bad pick. 

My philosophy is that it depends on who bangs the table. Richard Smith has coach pro bowlers and all pros. If he says this guy can play weak side linebacker I believe him. When Gunther says that someone can be a good linebacker(or a good anything) I automatically disagree lol

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I literally was fried by half the members of this forum for saying Ferrell, Joseph, and Muse weren't that good. Where are you guys at? lol

My thing with Muse if you can't say that someone is a bust if they didn't play because of injury(that's anyone though). I said that from the beginning I'm saying it now

My thing with Muse if you can't say that someone is a bust if they didn't play because of injury(that's anyone though). I said that from the beginning I'm saying it now

He wasn't injured this year and everyone was complaining about how terrible he looked in our final preseason game.