Week 1 GDT Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo: Return of the Fans

Trentwannabe

I would say today’s loss was more annoying than discouraging.

Defense did it’s job and so did Tyler Bass. But the offense was either missing guys wide open, not blocking, fumbling, taking penalties or calling the most ridiculous plays . As a unit the offense lost the game and failed to put the Steelers away early. It has been that way against Pitt the last two years but in those games they made enough plays to win. Today they did not.

The blocked punt for a TD was obviously the difference maker. 

Bright side, we got pressure with the DL and got home twice. The run defense was great. Week 2 is a very winnable game as Miami offense is nothing special and their defense isn’t as good as Pittsburgh. I think we’ll be just fine.

21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Then take off the purple glasses and do some research. 

By research do you mean his last years stats? Don’t get me wrong Buffalo was a fun offense but also very one dimensional. Stefon was happy with his 500 targets but I just don’t see that as a sustainable winning strategy. Just my opinion and not worth a pissing match. Good night 

2 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

By research do you mean his last years stats? Don’t get me wrong Buffalo was a fun offense but also very one dimensional. Stefon was happy with his 500 targets but I just don’t see that as a sustainable winning strategy. Just my opinion and not worth a pissing match. Good night 

No I mean watching interviews with him reading about his story actually learning about the person you claim to know. What’s with the hyperbole? 500 targets? Pretty sure passing is a sustainable way to win in today’s NFL. 

You’re the one coming in here trying to troll or claim that Stefon will be a problem. Sounds like you’re a Vikings fan who can’t move on and is just projecting because your team loss to the Bengals. 

Go back to your bridge.

• Like 1

Their front 4 on defense put in work. That was the story of the game. They were able to drop a ton of player back and get pressure from their defensive line without blitzing. I don't know ANY QB that would thrive under those conditions. Unfortunately, Daboll rarely ever turns to the running game when the passing game is being stifled. That's detrimental. 

That being said, I'm not the slightest bit worried. It's week one. I never put much stock into week one performances. And, to be completely honest- the team fell flat on their faces a few times last year as well. That Tenn game and the AZ game come to mind. Those were sloppy games from the offense. If Allen is pressured a lot- he struggles. Who'd a thought it?

Final thought- hopefully Moss isn't benched again. He's our best blocking RB, and has potential out of the backfield. Breida should be used for screens and sweep arounds.