Trade help/ opinions in here

HvacRaider

On 9/8/2021 at 1:23 PM, Forge said:

CMC + Chris Carson for Cook + Najee Harris. 

Full PPR redraft. 

Yes or No? 

Seems pretty even value-wise, which means I don't understand really unless you just like certain players better.

I don't think it really improves either team and RB/RB for RB/RB doesn't really do much to change team dynamics, so it just seems like making a trade just to make a trade - unless you have some interest in cheering for either CMC/Carson.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:47 PM, AFF said:

Cmc is basically worth 1 1/2 Cooks...Harris>Carson but Carson is always undervalued and produces at a high end RB2 pace when healthy.

Id do that deal long as it’s ppr.

Ehh, he was worth 1 1/2 cooks in 2019 alone.

I agree with everything else you are saying about Carson/Harris, but I think expecting 471 fantasy points from CMC is unlikely, just due to how outstanding that kind of year is. I would expect CMC to be about 3-4ppg better than Cook (still significant), but I don't know if it's as dramatic as "#1 pick is worth 1.5x #2 pick".

So I lost Mostert for the year and am thin at RB. 

I’m considering offering Godwin for Gibson. 

My WR core is 

Adams, Godwin, D. Smith, Agholor, Kirk and KJ Osbourne. 

My Rb core is 

Mixon, Swift and that’s it if note. 

I can start 3 WR and 1 RB in this league so am I better off standing pat or should I make that offer?

I could also offer D Smith for Gibson or more likely Eli Mitchell as he has Hurts. 

Edited by BillSabre

4 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Our lineup is 1 RB, 2WR and  1 flex rb/wr 

You could try that D. Smith for Gibson/Mitchell offer. That stack would have to be intriguing as a Hurts owner. 

That 49er backfield always has potential to be tricky so I'd start with Gibson and see what he says.

IMO it would be nice to add a 3rd RB and you have the WR talent to do it.

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

You could try that D. Smith for Gibson/Mitchell offer. That stack would have to be intriguing as a Hurts owner. 

That 49er backfield always has potential to be tricky so I'd start with Gibson and see what he says.

IMO it would be nice to add a 3rd RB and you have the WR talent to do it.

Do you think I should stick with Smith or would it be worth losing Godwin to add Gibson?

2 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Do you think I should stick with Smith or would it be worth losing Godwin to add Gibson?

I'm a Smith owner myself and like his potential in that offense as a #1a/b with Reagor, but we know what Godwin is.

Godwin had 84/606 overall targets last year (13.86%). He had 84/349 WR targets (24.06%). He had 4 games of 0 targets but I know he missed a few games due to injury. Those same breakdowns for week 1 this year are 14/46 (30.43%) and 14/28 (50%).

That same, but limited data, for Smith through week 1.

8/32 (25%) and for WR targets 8/17 (47.05%).

I don't think you necessarily need to be in a rush to make a move right away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

In summary.

D. Smith for Gibson = Yes

Godwin for Gibson = I might wait another week to see how week 2 goes across the league.

One follow up, same league PPR 

Thinking of offering Adams and either Mixon or Swift for Kamara and K Allen. 

A.) Is it a good or bad decision 

B.) Would you rather give Mixon or Swift away in PPR 

Edited by BillSabre
Spelling error

@BillSabre

A) I think it is neutral. In theory, you're basically swapping a top 5 WR for a top 5 RB in theory. You have the WR depth to compensate. If you're down on Adams after the abysmal week 1 showing by the Packers then you could certainly look to sell. I'm a Vikings fan and I'm sure that Packers O will rebound. (Rodgers/Tonyan are on my team.) Mixon and Allen should both finish top 20, easily, if they're healthy. It is kind of a trade just to trade IMO. 

B) Mixon had 78% of the snaps and Swift 68% of snaps. I feel Williams will steal more points/snaps from Swift than Perine will steal from Mixon. I'd include Swift.

C) Anyway they'd do Adams for Kamara straight up? Are they weak at WR? Best of both worlds for you, still have solid WR options and you bolster your RB depth.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

@BillSabre

A) I think it is neutral. In theory, you're basically swapping a top 5 WR for a top 5 RB in theory. You have the WR depth to compensate. If you're down on Adams after the abysmal week 1 showing by the Packers then you could certainly look to sell. I'm a Vikings fan and I'm sure that Packers O will rebound. (Rodgers/Tonyan are on my team.) Mixon and Allen should both finish top 20, easily, if they're healthy. It is kind of a trade just to trade IMO. 

B) Mixon had 78% of the snaps and Swift 68% of snaps. I feel Williams will steal more points/snaps from Swift than Perine will steal from Mixon. I'd include Swift.

C) Anyway they'd do Adams for Kamara straight up? Are they weak at WR? Best of both worlds for you, still have solid WR options and you bolster your RB depth.

I agree with your thoughts on Mixon vs Swift. The only hesitation I’d have is if the Lions are always playing from behind I think that may just boost Swift over him in PPR.

I doubt they’d let go of Kamara to be honest but it may be worth a shot. I just don’t know if Kamara is of equal value to me as Adams. 

This is the same team that has the original players I mentioned. I already put out the offer of DeVonta Smith for Antonio Gibson.  He’s got Lamar and Hurts so I figured with Hurts having the much better week, it was the time to make that offer of pairing Hurts with Smith. 

Maybe I offer Adams for Kamara straight up if he rejects that one. 

Thanks for the insight