GDT - Vikings wk 1

theJ

Thoughts after the game:

- Eli Apple is bad. We need to trade for another corner if they don’t feel like Darius is better. 
- Love that Chase came out ready to play. He needed that game to shut people up. 
- I understand the conservative approach early, but you can’t have conservative Playcalls, then go for it on 4th and 1 at your own 30, up two scores

- I pray Zac learned some lessons after this one, he almost lost the game with his decisions, absolutely hated the zero blitz on 4th down

- OL looked good for the most part, Hopkins still looking a little rusty

- Defense played aggressive, almost too aggressive, screens and misdirections are gonna kill us

- Burrow is that dude

- We have a kicker 

13 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

If he was CLEARLY down, then it would have been overturned.  No replay gave a definitive view.  If he had been ruled down, replay wouldn't change that either.

Exactly how I felt. If they overturned the call I would have had no problem with it. Shots looked like the ball might have begun to slip before he hit the ground, but nothing I saw was strong either way. Just one of those calls that are going to stand however it was called initially.

15 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

One of those plays where it wouldn't have been over ruled no matter which way they called it on the field.  Watching Viking fans melt down on social media was fun though.

Agreed. You couldn’t overturn that if they called him down either. There were just no clear angles to see anything definitively. We just got lucky it was called a fumble on the field.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 11:13 PM, Carson4MVP said:

In one game BJ Hill has contributed more to the franchise than Billy Price did in 3+ years. 😂 

I tuned into the game last night for one drive and saw Price give up a pressure that led to a sack (they converted on third down ultimately).  Thought it was kind of funny.