Seattle Seahawks @ Indianapolis Colts -- Week 1

showtime

Alright so, Seattle is on the road to face the Colts in Indianapolis opening week. Last week, there were some questions on whether Carson Wentz would play. The questions are still there, but it looks like he will play.

"There were doubts that Wentz would be able to suit up in Week 1 upon undergoing surgery. However, all signs point toward Wentz being under center when the Colts face the Seattle Seahawks in Week 1. Wentz was also on the COVID-19 reserve list, but he’s since been activated from it."

Good news for Seahawks fans - it looks like Duane Brown will be back and is playing on Sunday.

FYI - We’ll have to see how things go in practice, but the Colts did not put Eric Fisher on the PUP list or IR so depending on if he practices with the ones or not will determine if he plays. More then likely Julién Davenport will play LT, he actually looked good even without Nelson playing next to him but Minnesota was without Danielle Hunter and Detroit didn’t play any starters.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:24 PM, showtime said:

How do you guys project Seattle being able to stop Jonathan Taylor and the Colts running game? I'm worried about Seattle's secondary as well.

I am admittedly not too worried about their run game. I respect Taylor, of course, but we were a top 5 run defense last year and have arguably improved in the front 7. Not to mention the Colts OL is dinged up & they lack the perimeter weapons to scare us (I like Pittman but it remains to be seen if he can be that guy). 

I'm feeling oddly optimistic about this matchup overall, which always scares me. Wentz will be returning with very limited reps with the 1s on a new team with new teammates. I don't think that just clicks when live bullets are flying. Meanwhile, I expect Waldron to come out with a strong offensive game plan in his introduction to the team / fanbase. 

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I am admittedly not too worried about their run game. I respect Taylor, of course, but we were a top 5 run defense last year and have arguably improved in the front 7. Not to mention the Colts OL is dinged up & they lack the perimeter weapons to scare us (I like Pittman but it remains to be seen if he can be that guy). 

I'm feeling oddly optimistic about this matchup overall, which always scares me. Wentz will be returning with very limited reps with the 1s on a new team with new teammates. I don't think that just clicks when live bullets are flying. Meanwhile, I expect Waldron to come out with a strong offensive game plan in his introduction to the team / fanbase. 

Im kinda of the opposite. Norton's scheme allows for a alot of leeway for offensives to "get their s*** in". Colts personnel and scheme can dictate and control TOP and keep Seattle's defense on the field alot. I think there will be some growing pains with Waldren's offense, and I could see Seattle in a deep hole early, and having to play catch up against a really good running team; like a 14-6 halftime hole with Indy at like 70% TOP.

Edited by animaltested

40 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Im kinda of the opposite. Norton's scheme allows for a alot of leeway for offensives to "get their s*** in". Colts personnel and scheme can dictate and control TOP and keep Seattle's defense on the field alot. I think there will be some growing pains with Waldren's offense, and I could see Seattle in a deep hole early, and having to play catch up against a really good running team; like a 14-6 halftime hole with Indy at like 70% TOP.

You have a lot more faith in Carson Wentz than I do, particularly with a shortened offseason, bum foot, and no TY Hilton. 

I think Nyheim Hines is the X factor on that offense. 

Seattle DLINE looked leaky at the start, but they buckled down the hatches, and fought to a standstill. 

Really impressed with Seattle new offense. I love how many easy completions Waldron was able to create. Russ finally seems to understand how to take what the defense gives him. Dissly, Everett and RBs being heavily involved was awesome. 

One major downside offensively was how much Buckner disrupted what Seattle was trying to do. He singled handedly kept this game from getting out of control. That 3rd quarter was all Buckner. Does not bode well for matchups against Donald, 9ers or WFT. Fuller needs to step up; and stay healthy. 

Edited by animaltested