CFB Week 2 Thread

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@BobbyPhil1781 I’m not crazy after all 😉 

Good call on your part. I definitely retracted my statement that they played well lol. We've got a lot of work to do and I hope this is a kick in the *** that's needed. 

OT: Completely forgot about Chekwa. Another OSU CB that played for the Raiders. Chekwa, Arnette, Conley.... sheesh.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Bama and Georgia are the only two that have looked the part. I feel it could be argued that Iowa could be better than every other team in the country but I won't go that far to put them as the 3rd best in the country. No disagreement that ISU is overrated but the way Iowa has looked against two ranked opponents while almost everyone else struggled against unranked teams says a little bit to me as well

I think Iowa is a Top 10 team but I also know our overall talent level. What’s that mean exactly is basically this….we can compete with most anyone in the country except the top few even though we could potentially be ranked close to them by seasons end (fingered crossed)

Iowa does more with less than almost anyone, but let’s be real here. We play Georgia? It’s maybe close for a half and we lose by 14 or so 

We play Texas A&M? That’s a game maybe we can win if things go right 

I love the Hawkeyes but our coaches can only do so much with zero to 2 star recruits 

I wrote on FaceBook that I thought ISU kinda quit in the 4th. Hall takes himself out of the game and you bench Purdy? I know he stunk but he basically owns evert record in school history. Ride or die with him, I think Campbell might have lost the team a little today and I love what he’s done

At the end of the day Iowa State doesn’t just get to be the top dog because they can win a big rivalry game. Kirk Ferentz and Iowa have been building their program for 20 years and you cant just leap them over one game (if you did win) I’ve had some to drink today so I’ll correct errors tomorrow haha 

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep
  • Like 1