Week 8: Houston Texans @ Seattle Seahawks

showtime

eUxdw3G.jpg

Should be an excellent game.  Deshaun Watson is having a hell of a season for the Texans and they are right in the thick of things for the AFC South crown.  I live in Texas, so I get to see every single Texans game and they are a good team.  Really looking forward to the match-up of DeAndre Hopkins vs Richard Sherman.  On the Seahawks side, Russell Wilson has been heating up over the past few games and was on fire last week in the victory over the Giants.  The Seahawks really tend to turn up the heat during the second half of the season.  Really need skill position guys to make sure they catch the football and not turn the ball over.

Houston is quietly one of the NFL's highest scoring offenses.  They currently sit at #3 averaging 29.5 PPG, while he number one team is averaging 30.3 PPG - so the Texans are right there.  The interesting part is the Seahawks are tied for #1 in the league in allowing the fewest points per game at only 15.7 PPG allowed.  A really important match-up is going to be the Texans pass rush vs the Seahawks pass protection.  If the Texans can be extremely disruptive and consistently pressure Russell Wilson, the Seahawks could be in for a long day.

This is going to be a make or break type of game for both teams.  Right now, neither team can really afford a loss because they are both chasing teams within their respective divisions.  I'm going to predict that the Seahawks win this one by a FG.  

The Seahawks need to win at least 4 of the next 5 games. After week 13 we have a pretty rough stretch and I believe it is a necessity for the Seahawks to have good playoff odds to get to the Eagles game at least 8-3.

I honestly hope Kris Richards don't opt to shadow Hopkins with Sherman, because:

1 - It's good for Griffin's development to get coverage snaps versus players of Hopkins caliber;

2 - The Texans throws a good amount of tight window throws and jump balls and contested throws to Hopkins, this is a good opportunity for Griffin to make his first NFL interception, thus building his confidence;

3 - The Texans has thrown deep a huge percentage of their pass plays, Seahawks need to disguise their cover 3 by sticking their outside receivers to theid own sides.

4 - Given Sherman recent history versus speedy receivers, like TY Hilton on week 4, and Griffin's natural rookie lapses, it's more likely Sherman is able to prevent big plays to happen out of Will Fuller.

6 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Saw you guys are willing to trade Jimmy Graham for a lineman, would Cordy Glenn for him straight up be something you’d be interested in?

I'd honestly hope for not. Cordy Glenn is a goos name but Seahawks play a very different blocking scheme, and Glenn's contract is very long and with tons of guarantees. Very tough to make it work under the cap and very difficult to get out from it in case it doesn't work.

Archived