Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Bengals (0-0)

swede700

8 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Pierce looked good. Tomlinson, not so much. Also didn’t hear Patrick Peterson’s name all day. He either got hurt or played really well haha

Peterson was great. As was Mack Alexander. Tomlinson was non existent. There are positives in this game. However, the plague that is the OL persists. Hill and Bradbury need to go. 

Darrisaw - Cleveland - Davis - Udoh - O’Neill

is the line is like to see. 

4 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Peterson was great. As was Mack Alexander. Tomlinson was non existent. There are positives in this game. However, the plague that is the OL persists. Hill and Bradbury need to go. 

Darrisaw - Cleveland - Cole - Davis - O’Neill

is the line is like to see. 

I'd like to see this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

I’m a Zimmer fan. But hard to support the lack of a modern offense. He’s a Defensive Coordinator. 

Exactly, I'm a huge Zimmer Fan, but he clearly doesn't care about Offense. We need somebody who can develop a rookie Quarterback. Even his defense is out of date we have the personnel to run a 3 man front with Hunter and Wonnum or Bar outside. Everything about him is to old school. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

One play that no one is talking about, the dropped INT by Alexander that hit him in the face, and at the very least would have kept 7 points off the board.

Gotta make plays like that. Especially on the road. 

Was a huge play. We clearly outplayed the Bengals in the second half. However, we couldn’t overcome the 1st half penalties and the “fumble” by Dalvin. 

All hope is not lost. Some real bright spots in the game. However, we need to do better. 

They had 12 penalties in the game, pretty sure it should have been 15-16 penalties because the Bengals declined quite a few later in the game.  Impossible to win with that and still they almost did which is kind of impressive.

Like how the D showed up late with the QB pressures, Pierce was amazing for a 340 pound.  If he can keep that up on the inside they could be a great DL, Hunter was rusty but still on some pressure.  Breeland got picked on but improved later, they rarely tested Peterson so who knows how good he is out there.

Really wish they tried Ezra at LT so they maybe they could go Ezra at LT and Wyatt Davis at OG but who knows.  Hill was not terrible I guess but sucks O'Neill had multiple penalties which should not happen if he is the leader of that OL.  And not like the Bengals have this all world DL, good but not great.

Decent game, Cook could barely do anything with that OL but at least they came back after at points it looked like they were going to get beat 28-7.  

PS Cook was down on his butt and did not fumble so in that regard they should have won the game 27-24 in OT.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

One play that no one is talking about, the dropped INT by Alexander that hit him in the face, and at the very least would have kept 7 points off the board.

Gotta make plays like that. Especially on the road. 

True but also the play where I think Connelly should have blocked that punt, that would have changed the game also, I thought he did block it and thought they would of had a roughing the punter call on it.  

PS Harrison Hand had some awesome hits on special teams in that game and Berry punted very well I thought.

1 minute ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Wouldn’t mind Udoh at LT if Darrisaw isn’t ready yet. Need to rewatch the game to see how Udoh did. 

He is not athletic enough to do that, and struggled in pass pro holding even at OG.  I would think Ezra could make a LT switch and was thought to be a future LT, shocked they never at least tried that in preseason to see how he looked, sure they have in practice but that would allow Wyatt Davis in the lineup just to see what he can do and Hill out.