Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Bengals (0-0)

swede700

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Positives:

- Cousins delivered in the 4th quarter, two minute drill, and in OT. 
- Joseph with a cold blooded 53 yarder to tie the game. 
- KJ Osborn looks like a dependable WR3
- Michael Pierce is a force
- Tyler Conklin can play. I’d like to see him used on more intermittent routes. 

That’s the thing. There’s a lot of positives. However, the OL will make or break us this year and I question whether or not we can adapt to the current state of the NFL. 

Regardless, Viking fan for life and endlessly positive. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Isn’t it conference record? Vikes played an AFC team and the NFC North teams all lost to NFC teams.

Since all the teams are still .000 in the conference, I can't imagine that would be the tiebreaking factor, but then again, who knows.  🤣

15 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

IF this team does not make the playoffs, then all is not lost. The Vikings have the youngest offense in the NFL. They are set up for success with an offensive minded coach and young QB on a rookie contract. With just a couple tweaks on the O-Line they could implode this year and rebuild within a couple years for a great SB window.

I wasn't saying all is lost. But heading for the bottom this season is not as bad as it sounds, to me at least.

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

I wasn't saying all is lost. But heading for the bottom this season is not as bad as it sounds, to me at least.

Oh, I don't think so either. My hopes are either this team goes on a run this year and Zimmer proves that his formula/vision can win in the NFL or the team implodes so they can properly rebuild. This team either has a tiny window the next year or two, or should focus on the wide open window they could have in 2-4 years with a rookie QB and offensive minded head coach.

Edited by Nozizaki
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The amount of false starts to start game reminded me of coaching little league.

Bengals playing not to lose the entire second half made me want them to lose and they should have. 

What a classic coaching mistake.  They got bailed out.  

Cincinnati likely won't win many games again this year, but this one was pretty much more of the same: the Vikings beating the Vikings.