Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Bengals (0-0)

swede700

15 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Cousins was 25th in Average Completed Air Yards (4.5) and Intended Completed Air Yards (6.1).

He wasn't willing to throw it deep, nor was he completing deep passes.

Also Joe Mixon broke 8 tackles. Most by any RB this week.

Did he have time? I too want longer pass attempts.... But it sounds like that was almost impossible in the first half.

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Did he have time? I too want longer pass attempts.... But it sounds like that was almost impossible in the first half.

Commentary indicated that the receivers weren’t getting much separation and Cousins was hesitant in forcing it into tight coverage. Would rather take a sack than risk an Int. That’s not a terrible mindset of course for this team, sometimes I wish they had more of a gunslinger back there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Bradbury is playing himself out of a second contract here.

It's unfortunate, since except for a handful of years, the Vikings have had good to great Cs for virtually their entire history.  From Mick to Swilley to Lowdermilk to Christy to Birk to Sullivan.  It was one position we didn't really have to worry about.  Well...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yikes Breeland. Hopefully Boyd gets some more plays if Breeland plays like that again

Even Alexander seemed to struggle. The CB group may end up being a detriment to the defense this year and should obviously be a huge priority next offseason. I’d like to know why Dantzler is in the dog house. Thought he was pretty good last year. 

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Even Alexander seemed to struggle. The CB group may end up being a detriment to the defense this year and should obviously be a huge priority next offseason. I’d like to know why Dantzler is in the dog house. Thought he was pretty good last year. 

I heard something about them wanting him to put on some weight in the off-season which affected his speed.  Who knows if that is true or not

Or the success from last year went to his head