Week 1 Gen discussion

Blackstar12

9 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm just now seeing the stat that Najee Harris played literally every offensive stat in the Steelers game. Only Ben and 4/5 of the OL did that. That's pretty ridiculous for a RB. Are they really pressing to prove the RB in round 1 was worth it?

As an avid watcher of Seattle Seahawks football, I can tell you first-hand that taking a RB in the first round and then forcing people to believe it was a good pick definitely works out in the long run for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As an avid watcher of Seattle Seahawks football, I can tell you first-hand that taking a RB in the first round and then forcing people to believe it was a good pick definitely works out in the long run for you.

What a terrible pick Penny was smh, now he cant even stay healthy

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm just now seeing the stat that Najee Harris played literally every offensive stat in the Steelers game. Only Ben and 4/5 of the OL did that. That's pretty ridiculous for a RB. Are they really pressing to prove the RB in round 1 was worth it?

I thought this was just the Steelers MO. I recall Leveon had similar usage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

1)   @Fray32 was right on....The Steelers overused Bell too.   Tomlin has an old school mentality for RBs.

2)   The Steelers top backup, Anthony McFarland is on temp IR.    Benny Snell missed most of the preseason and kind of sucks.    Kallen Ballege has proven nothing.

3)  The Steelers have 4 rookie starters on offense.   Its week 1.    Teams dont need to prove any rookie is "worth it" in week 1.   Our rookies are starting because they are the best players at their positions on our roster...and they all played pretty good.   Najee's rushing stats are going to struggle until the line gets better and we start throwing downfield more.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, 43M said:

1)   @Fray32 was right on....The Steelers overused Bell too.   Tomlin has an old school mentality for RBs.

2)   The Steelers top backup, Anthony McFarland is on temp IR.    Benny Snell missed most of the preseason and kind of sucks.    Kallen Ballege has proven nothing.

3)  The Steelers have 4 rookie starters on offense.   Its week 1.    Teams dont need to prove any rookie is "worth it" in week 1.   Our rookies are starting because they are the best players at their positions on our roster...and they all played pretty good.   Najee's rushing stats are going to struggle until the line gets better and we start throwing downfield more.

The last statement about proving the value of the pick was tongue-in-cheek. It's highly unusual to see a RB never step off the field.