Week 1 Gen discussion

Blackstar12

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I didn't say it was. I've said the opposite. But other teams let Jameis go be a backup in NO.

IIRC there was a report that Winston turned down a bigger contract and possible starting role with another team but decided to sign with the Saints for the experience of learning from Brees/Payton.  too drunk to look it up.

Just now, Raves said:

IIRC there was a report that Winston turned down a bigger contract and possible starting role with another team but decided to sign with the Saints for the experience of learning from Brees/Payton.  too drunk to look it up.

Odds are that there was a decent team that needed a starter and settled for somebody worse. Jameis may have turned down a starting job from a bad team, but I doubt he turned down a decent job.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@MWil23

The Browns are playing better Wisconsin football than I've seen Wisconsin play in a few years

Still accurate. Giving up huge passing TDs is a key component of Wisconsin football.

Still accurate. OSU fans can attest that randomly dropping punts is also a key component of Wisconsin football.