Ravens sign RB Le'Veon Bell

RaidersAreOne

If his attitude checks out (big if, considering how much of a crybaby he was with the Chiefs) then he's gonna be a better backup/role player as a pass-catcher than Hill would have been. But it all sort of comes down to whether he's been humbled by this past year or whether he's gonna put himself before the team. He's gonna have a super short leash though, just not worth the headache and I would hope/assume the team has been up front with him about him coming here to be a role player rather than being anything close to the guy. 

• Like 1

He's signing on with the practice squad. I would assume he knows his role might not be too involved. 

I'm not sure Bell adds that element of explosiveness the group needed... but I'm not sure that guy is available out on the street either. This is fine. Veteran insurance that at the very least can catch the ball out of the backfield. I would assume that would be his main role on offense if he actually gets real reps.

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

He's signing on with the practice squad. I would assume he knows his role might not be too involved. 

I'm not sure Bell adds that element of explosiveness the group needed... but I'm not sure that guy is available out on the street either. This is fine. Veteran insurance that at the very least can catch the ball out of the backfield. I would assume that would be his main role on offense if he actually gets real reps.

Ravens can also go with 11 personnel and run 5 wide outs because Bell can beat LBs in man coverage as a WR pretty easily.