Jim Schwartz Watch: Hottest Coaching Candidate?

Kiltman

I think it’s safe to say the Eagles defense has been one of the most impressive units in the league this year...and as a top team will likely be a target to be vultured by less successful teams

But do you think Jim leaves after this year? 

Do you think he’d rather stick to the very autonomous coordinator position he has here instead?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-notebook-broncos-need-to-go-to-paxton-lynch-jim-schwartzs-stock-rising/

Jim Schwartz might be the hottest coaching candidate when we reach 2018. He did get the Lions to the postseason -- no easy feat -- and he had Buffalo's defense in the top five a few years back and now has the Eagles menacing people on that side of the ball. He'll have his pick of jobs.

20 minutes ago, Phire said:

With the defense playing this well, I believe that someone will come calling. But hopefully the Detroit experience will make him rather stay DC than go to Cleveland or something.

If I'm in his shoes, I'd rather stay a DC than go to Cleveland. I might be beating a dead horse at this point, but it really is a place where careers go to die.

19 minutes ago, Phire said:

What jobs will open up? Cleveland seems to like to make bad moves theyll keep Hue. Niners wont be looking. Maybe Giants? But theyve been riddled with injuries.

Bengals maybe?

TB and AZ might be decent landing spots. 

Though I really hope Jim is content with just DCing. And if that's the case, Philly is the most attractive spot for him. He can really run the defense without much interference from his HC. 

If he gets a HC offer outside of Cleveland, he will take it 100% and it is likely he will get one. It sucks that this is probably his last year here as he has this defense playing so well, but we have the talent in place that another solid 4-3 DC should be able to step in and keep us playing at a high level.

2 hours ago, Phire said:

What jobs will open up? Cleveland seems to like to make bad moves theyll keep Hue. Niners wont be looking. Maybe Giants? But theyve been riddled with injuries.

Bengals maybe?

The other question is who would get it?

any outside position coaches worth a look?

any guys like Undlin worth getting a shot?

or do you replace him with a fired head coach with a defense background?

Archived