Jim Schwartz Watch: Hottest Coaching Candidate?

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Undlin has more NFL exp than Wilson, but neither were DCs in the NFL at any time.

Yea seniority goes Undlin

Wilson has the upper hand With how important the D line is to the system and how well they  are playing this year

Flajole has them both beat, but his time as coordinator was not great if memory serves.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yea seniority goes Undlin

Wilson has the upper hand With how important the D line is to the system and how well they  are playing this year

Flajole has them both beat, but his time as coordinator was not great if memory serves.

Wilson was DC in college for a little IIRC.

But then again its not like Doug Pederson had much experience before becoming HC. We brought Chris Wilson specifically to benefit Cox, who Wilson coached in college.

I can't see him leaving unless he gets a proven OC to ride along (Bruce Arians?)

AZ (needs an OC)

Jets

Cincy

Chicago

Indy 

Too early to tell iyam. Bonus tidbit: all these teams are currently 3-4 teams. He doesn't seem like a transitional coach those are usually for coaches who have time to turn it around.  

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if he sold Indy on turning around the defense while a Bruce Arians type gets Luck/Brissett on the offensive side. 

I dont think a vacancy opens up at AZ, Indy, or Chicago. They all have excuses.

Arizona : lost best player in David Johnson, now lost QB.

Indy: franchise QB has been AWOL.

Chicago: just drafted QBOTF.

Coaches don't usually get fired when their teams underperform to devastating injuries. 

Archived