Week 1: New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers - Darnold's "Revenge"

KingOfNewYork

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

For all the talk about how Wilson was hated by his teammates and wasn't a captain, well he got voted captain by teammates.  Some of these negative stories were probably teams wanting him to slip. 

People should buy Wilson's jersey to acknowledge their mistake.  Let's see if his jersey sale skyrockets after this week. Otherwise, they don't care for him at all.

🤞

Lets stop and look at the positives.

McCaffery hasn't played in a year and is coming off a terrible injury.

Robby is a one trick pony, howbeit a dangerous one.

Darnold lack of reps was even panned by the media, as his reps were non existent and the media jumped on it. 

Now all of a sudden with a preseason of 2 quarters and no reps he's supposed to come out and burn the Jets? 

I don't think so. 

Darnold is not a first half of the season QB, he seems to wake up at about the halfway point of the season EVERY YEAR!

The Jets Defensive line has an advantage over the OL. 

These are things which favor the Jets to win.

The Jets have the better QB, good RB's, and a WR corps even with the loss of Crowder are more than up to the task of winning.

The Jets will control the clock with a ROP.

Final Score the Jets 23 Carolina 17. IMHO

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

People should buy Wilson's jersey to acknowledge their mistake.  Let's see if his jersey sale skyrockets after this week. Otherwise, they don't care for him at all.

🤞

Are you going to buy back all the JAMAL ADAMS, & SAM DARNOLD jerseys that all people on this board bought?

3 hours ago, Big T said:

Lets stop and look at the positives.

McCaffery hasn't played in a year and is coming off a terrible injury.

Robby is a one trick pony, howbeit a dangerous one.

Darnold lack of reps was even panned by the media, as his reps were non existent and the media jumped on it. 

Now all of a sudden with a preseason of 2 quarters and no reps he's supposed to come out and burn the Jets? 

I don't think so. 

Darnold is not a first half of the season QB, he seems to wake up at about the halfway point of the season EVERY YEAR!

The Jets Defensive line has an advantage over the OL. 

These are things which favor the Jets to win.

The Jets have the better QB, good RB's, and a WR corps even with the loss of Crowder are more than up to the task of winning.

The Jets will control the clock with a ROP.

Final Score the Jets 23 Carolina 17. IMHO

Preseason seems to be far more over rated given the excellent play we saw last night from Dak and Brady.  Albeit they are both top tier QBs though.

I'm not expecting much rust from CMC he'll be his normal self.

Sam is prone to making mistakes when pressured so it pretty clear if we don't pressure him our D is in for a long day.  Those weapons are very good if we give them time.

I love our chance to play bully ball though.  We should be exploiting their weaknesses which is run defense and their LBs in coverage.  They have two excellent CBs so this is going to be a day for running the ball, using the Rbs in the passing game and getting Moore involved.  Despite Davis being our best weapon it may be best to use him as a decoy this game.  I think Wilson will lean on him still though because they seem to have a good connection.

This is a winnable game against two teams on their way up that are really evenly matched.

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

R.Anderson was not a one trick pony last year that for sure. He had a real good year. Can't wait to see Wilson play Sunday, it has been so long since we had a real QB that we can call a star.

Robby has been the same guy he's always been.  His analytics didn't change from his time in NY to his time in Car.  Only thing is he got more targets which is why he eclipsed the 1k mark.  He didn't get better he just was used more.

Robby is a solid WR but Echols can match him step for step since I believe he is also a 4.3 guy as well.

We just can't allow Sam to get comfortable and there is no reason we can't do that rushing only 4.  

Play cover 3 zone and get pressure with 4 and we can keep them in check.

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Robby has been the same guy he's always been.  His analytics didn't change from his time in NY to his time in Car.  Only thing is he got more targets which is why he eclipsed the 1k mark.  He didn't get better he just was used more.

Robby is a solid WR but Echols can match him step for step since I believe he is also a 4.3 guy as well.

We just can't allow Sam to get comfortable and there is no reason we can't do that rushing only 4.  

Play cover 3 zone and get pressure with 4 and we can keep them in check.

Yea you good point, it is going be be very interesting to see how both Darnold & Wilson due Sunday. This could be the start of a great era. for us.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

R.Anderson was not a one trick pony last year that for sure. He had a real good year. Can't wait to see Wilson play Sunday, it has been so long since we had a real QB that we can call a star.

Yeah instead of running streaks he ran crossers because Teddy can’t stretch the field. Other than that same guy, explosive threat. The real key is Moore/Marshall who can move around. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Carolinas defense is shaky. They’re way more talented at CB than us, but still very young. Vet WRs like Davis, Cole and Crowder (if he can play). Should be able to use there skill and experience to “welcome then to the nfl”

They are shaky but they are also very unorthodox.  They will be running a ton of stuff Wilson has never seen before.

They do a ton of 3-3-5 stuff and exotic blitzing.  That's why we need to pound the rock because they love to play with speed and extra DBs/LBs

Robby isn't the same one-trick pony we made him out to be -- not really sure how you could argue otherwise. We relegated Robby to a defined role, but his skill set was always more 'complete' than it was characterized. A lot of people on here tried telling me Perriman was the more 'complete' receiver...

Reality is he's always been a decent route runner, we just never afforded him the opportunity to showcase it consistently. Obviously the deep ball is still his game, but to act like that's all he's good for? Negative

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Robby isn't the same one-trick pony we made him out to be -- not really sure how you could argue otherwise. We relegated Robby to a defined role, but his skill set was always more 'complete' than it was characterized. A lot of people on here tried telling me Perriman was the more 'complete' receiver...

Reality is he's always been a decent route runner, we just never afforded him the opportunity to showcase it consistently. Obviously the deep ball is still his game, but to act like that's all he's good for? Negative

“Decent route runner” isn’t a glowing endorsement. Point being though we know what he is. I don’t think anyone is slighting him in any way. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

“Decent route runner” isn’t a glowing endorsement. Point being though we know what he is. I don’t think anyone is slighting him in any way. 

Eh it’s all relative — I said “decent route runner” to infer he isn’t a one trick pony (as implied by most here), while not over exaggerating his skill set. Most people don’t seem to know what he is or how he’s used.