Week 1: New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers - Darnold's "Revenge"

KingOfNewYork

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We ignoring how Moore did nothing?

My take from todays games is when Wilson is not under insane duress he showed he can really move the team. The O line was a major disappointment, they didn't have a game this bad all of last year. What about this guy Berrios, he had five receptions for 51 yards and he is only on the field for a short period of time, he did the same thing many times last year. He is a good backup.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

Honestly, this game felt a lot like a Darnold year one game. Wilson made some nice plays on the move here and there but also missed open guys and threw some very risky balls that were either picked or should have been picked. There were times he held onto the ball too long leading to sacks too. The only difference between their performances is the name on their jersey.

Moore at one point had back to back drops and was mostly invisible, while when Mims got a chance, he came down with a huge play.

I hate this cycle of overhyping players just because they are shiny new toys.

Hopefully Wilson can develop into a franchise QB, but in order for that to happen we desperately need to find a way to get some protection and call confidence building play calls. 

11 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Honestly, this game felt a lot like a Darnold year one game. Wilson made some nice plays on the move here and there but also missed open guys and threw some very risky balls that were either picked or should have been picked. There were times he held onto the ball too long leading to sacks too. The only difference between their performances is the name on their jersey.

Moore at one point had back to back drops and was mostly invisible, while when Mims got a chance, he came down with a huge play.

I hate this cycle of overhyping players just because they are shiny new toys.

Hopefully Wilson can develop into a franchise QB, but in order for that to happen we desperately need to find a way to get some protection and call confidence building play calls. 

Stop it. It was night and day between the two in Jets uniforms. 

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Stop it. It was night and day between the two in Jets uniforms. 

Only because that is what you want to see. Wilson led this team to 14 points. 9 for his first 22 and took 6 sacks. He threw an ugly pick and had another throw that should have been picked. That's a Darnold-esc game.

6 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Only because that is what you want to see. Wilson led this team to 14 points. 9 for his first 22 and took 6 sacks. He threw an ugly pick and had another throw that should have been picked. That's a Darnold-esc game.

Frankly most of what was created was all on Wilson’s shoulders since our line was somehow absolutely abysmal … sure darnolds had good games with us too … but Wilson call it bias or whatever seemed to not compound the issues and came back well … (he also has more around him than darn old tho) … he also should have gotten one of the 2 down field early in the first half … where he made a couple great throws under duress … 

20 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Frankly most of what was created was all on Wilson’s shoulders since our line was somehow absolutely abysmal … sure darnolds had good games with us too … but Wilson call it bias or whatever seemed to not compound the issues and came back well … (he also has more around him than darn old tho) … he also should have gotten one of the 2 down field early in the first half … where he made a couple great throws under duress … 

That's kinda the point. Wilson wasn't terrible, showed some good composure and made some great throws. It's not an insult to say he was on par with Darnold. People only take it that way because they have a bias view of both Darnold and Wilson.

Tomorrow we will be talking about the Jets all day long, but the bottom ls we have a long way to go to be a real competitive team. Today was a major setback for the Offensive line, they could not run block or pass block, they gave up five sacks. I REAL THOUGH WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A GOOD O,LINE, HOW WRONG I WAS

Some of you are way too negative. I get it the Jets have sucked for such a long time. But if you watch that game and say "Wilson wasn't impressive he was garbage" idk what you were watching. Wilson played against a extremely good front 7, one of the best in football. They brought insane pressure onto him and he held tough. He made some laser throws that only a few QBs make.  That throw to Mims was insane. He had a beautiful bomb to Moore who dropped it. He had another laser throw on the run to Davis who couldn't grab it. The 2nd TD throw was a perfect pass beating great coverage.

The only thing I am tired of hearing is how we need a better team, because I am tired of not running the football having bad OLs. We need to do better for the QB, cause Wilson was a one man show on offense today.  Davis was a stud too, big physical WR that we haven't had since Marshall. 

Edited by NYJets4716

58 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Yes, but the difference is Wilson can make big plays.  I feel like Darnold got rattled and wasn't capable of the big strikes.

9 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes, but the difference is Wilson can make big plays.  I feel like Darnold got rattled and wasn't capable of the big strikes.

Darnold made many big strike plays. Here is a link for highlights from year two:

https://youtu.be/OZ2u72p5Vd4

Guy wasn't consistent at all, but a lot of that had to do with poor o line play, poor receivers and poor coaching.

9 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

BTW, Darnold 2nd half was 7/13 45 yards.

Which is better than Wilson's first half...

Darnold had a better QB rating and qbr. He threw for more yards and more completions on fewer attempts while also taking fewer sacks.

The Panthers were playing a ball control, run out the clock offense in the second half.

If you want to try and make the case that Sam didn't play well then you are also going to have to concede that Wilson played worse than Sam. If Sam didn't play well and Wilson was worse than you must think Wilson was bad today?