Week 1: New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers - Darnold's "Revenge"

KingOfNewYork

20 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Robby Anderson was more than a 1 trick pony last season. He had 95 catches, he turned almost into a possession wr.  Barely had 1,000 yards for 95 catches though 

We shall see tomorrow, the defense is inexperienced. IDk how they will play out.  I think our offense could be pretty good. I want to see how they run things.  We haven't seen our OL with AVT yet, who I think has the ability to be a ELITE OG. Becton and AVT on that left side is going to be interesting in the run game.  McGovern looked solid in preseason, I think he will have  a solid season.   The OL shouldn't be a train wreck, it should be at least in the middle of the league. The Bears OL looks like a train wreck. 

I really was excited for our DL with Lawson, but now my expectations are less for it. I felt like we had a potentially dominant DL.  The interior should cause issues, hopefully someone at edge steps up. I like John Franklin Myers, idk how he will be at DE though.  I think Huff can be a solid player, hopefully he steps up. 

I agree aboutRobby. I watched Carolina whenever they were on and most of his receptions were within 10 yards of scrimmage.

I also watch a lot of the Dolphins (they are my home team in West Palm Beach.) Shaq Lawson made a bunch of big plays for them. He’s not as dominating as I thought Carl would be but I think he’s a plus for the defense on a rotational basis with Franklin Myers and Huff.

I think the game comes down to the QBs. If Darnold plays great we probably lose based on their talent at the other skilled positions. I do think Wilson is a better player so it should be close.if Darnold plays like he did most of last year and Wilson is decent, we could win. My gut says Darnold will not be great and we win 27-23.

8 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I agree aboutRobby. I watched Carolina whenever they were on and most of his receptions were within 10 yards of scrimmage.

I also watch a lot of the Dolphins (they are my home team in West Palm Beach.) Shaq Lawson made a bunch of big plays for them. He’s not as dominating as I thought Carl would be but I think he’s a plus for the defense on a rotational basis with Franklin Myers and Huff.

I think the game comes down to the QBs. If Darnold plays great we probably lose based on their talent at the other skilled positions. I do think Wilson is a better player so it should be close.if Darnold plays like he did most of last year and Wilson is decent, we could win. My gut says Darnold will not be great and we win 27-23.

Moore and Robby are both burners. So you have to pay attention to them both deep. They both have developed there route running as the years have gone by. Are they elite? No. But they’re both very good. Add Marshall (who I thought was a steal in the draft). And they have 3 very good WRs for Darnold. The only weakness they have is some holes on the OL

History suggests that our old quarterback is going to punk us today, because that is just the Jets way. However, this group feels different. Maybe I will come back down to reality in a few weeks, and maybe it will be more same 'ol same 'ol, but I believe in Saleh. I am blown away by Wilson. 

I think we can steal this game.