WEEK 1: UNDEFEATED Denver Broncos @ New York Giants - 2.25pm MDT /// 4.25pm EDT

lomaxgrUK

The Giants are really stout up front, there will be a lot of easier matchups for our interior OL. And even when it was still just 2-3 yard runs the PA was very effective. 

This upcoming game is one where the offense should be able to do virtually whatever it wants. It should be 30+ points with more big plays and a better ground attack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

No one here sees Vic as a Superbowl coach or Teddy as a Superbowl QB, and giving credit to either of them for a good performance yesterday doesn't change that fact. But anyone who is a fan should be happy with yesterday's performance. By your own admission, this is a game in the past that we would all expect to lose (early season, East Coast). Not only did we not lose, we came out and won handily. Whatever the Broncos' season turns out to be, this is an encouraging sign. You can only beat who is in front of you and we did. I don't really care what we did under McDaniels. I don't think anyone here is of the opinion this is a 17-0 football team, but our defense and efficient offensive play can win us games, and it sure felt good to drop 27 points and a great game for once.

I don’t disagree with anything here and you seem to largely backup my points.

It’s not so much what I read on here but what I’ve seen on social media and hear on the radio, people are crowning this team after one game against a decrepit opponent. People are even saying we’ve found the long-term answer at QB with Teddy and that Paton should extend Vic now. 

My suggestion is to enjoy the win - I sure am - and get excited for the next two games, we should win both handily. 

But also remember the past and look at this team. Maybe we go 13-4 as one person I heard today stated. Maybe Teddy is an All-Pro this year as @AKRNA said when he was pulling for him to win the (rigged) QB “competition.” But I’m not going that far as yet. 

25 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t disagree with anything here and you seem to largely backup my points.

It’s not so much what I read on here but what I’ve seen on social media and hear on the radio, people are crowning this team after one game against a decrepit opponent. People are even saying we’ve found the long-term answer at QB with Teddy and that Paton should extend Vic now. 

My suggestion is to enjoy the win - I sure am - and get excited for the next two games, we should win both handily. 

But also remember the past and look at this team. Maybe we go 13-4 as one person I heard today stated. Maybe Teddy is an All-Pro this year as @AKRNA said when he was pulling for him to win the (rigged) QB “competition.” But I’m not going that far as yet. 

Anyone on social media saying any of that is obviously very far off base lol. I get people are excited about a win, but I put no stock in any of it because frankly it all comes down to the record this year. Teddy will have some flops this year, it's inevitable. Just need to see how competitive we are throughout the course of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We suck but Trevor is still a real one. Had his rookie moments (and likely will against that stout defense you guys have) but I still wouldn’t call our offense anemic lol. 

As long as we don’t get away from the run early like we did Sunday (which is our OLs calling card and James Robinson is…ok) I think it may end up being closeish but I definitely have a hard time seeing a scenario we win this based on what I just watched.

Well I agree on Lawerence and can appreciate the optimism, we all have to live there !

39 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Maybe Teddy is an All-Pro this year as @AKRNA said when he was pulling for him to win the (rigged) QB “competition.” But I’m not going that far as yet. 

That's not true. I just told you what was going to happen very early in the "What to do about QB" thread.  If I remember right I just stated "They've already done it".

As far as "rigging the competition" that's laughable. Lock is no where near capable of the performance TB put on yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well I agree on Lawerence and can appreciate the optimism, we all have to live there !

Lawrence will be extremely good and he showed flashes yesterday of being an elite QB but also showed rookie struggles. Both has to be expected. I’d be elated if I was a Jags fan but also know you have to be patient. 

I’ll certainly take the Jags’ QB situation over ours - an elite prospect who checks every box vs a physically limited veteran journeyman and young guy with a high ceiling and low floor who couldn’t even beat out the limited vet in the preseason “competition.”

Even if Meyer flames out as an NFL HC or gets another one of his mystery health problems and retires, Kahn is committed to building a team around their once-in-a-decade prospect. We have an “owner” with one foot out the door and an HC who by his own admission doesn’t even watch the offense. 

Our GM is content to “play meaningful football in November and December,” just like the championshipless organization he came from.

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

That's not true. I just told you what was going to happen very early in the "What to do about QB" thread.  If I remember right I just stated "They've already done it".

As far as "rigging the competition" that's laughable. Lock is no where near capable of the performance TB put on yesterday. 

You said Teddy could be an All-Pro in this offense. I can’t find the quote now since I’m on my phone but you said it. 

Maybe I’m alone, certainly seems like it reading social and listening the radio, but the Broncos are no more. Mr. B’s Broncos one that this team is a Tiffany franchise, an elite franchise, a Super Bowl or bust franchise, are gone. Mr. B said every year we don’t win a Super Bowl is a disappointment.

Now it’s Montfort-esque low expectations of “playing meaningful football in November and December.” This philosophy leads to decisions like retaining a 12-20 coaching staff, signing a veteran journeyman QB and passing on a nearly universally regarded elite QB prospect. 

If Elway signed Teddy and passed on Fields for a defensive player, the majority of the fanbase would be killing him. But Paton does it and fans are calling I’m a “great GM.” 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Our GM is content to “play meaningful football in November and December,” just like the championshipless organization he came from.

Well, seems to me that attitude hasn't even been considered until now, at least it's something to build on since Paton didn't tank to get our elite QB (and yes, I hear the Fields/Jones cries coming, but that ship has passed, hasn't it).

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You said Teddy could be an All-Pro in this offense. I can’t find the quote now since I’m on my phone but you said it. 

Maybe I’m alone, certainly seems like it reading social and listening the radio, but the Broncos are no more. Mr. B’s Broncos one that this team is a Tiffany franchise, an elite franchise, a Super Bowl or bust franchise, are gone. Mr. B said every year we don’t win a Super Bowl is a disappointment.

Now it’s Montfort-esque low expectations of “playing meaningful football in November and December.” This philosophy leads to decisions like retaining a 12-20 coaching staff, signing a veteran journeyman QB and passing on a nearly universally regarded elite QB prospect. 

If Elway signed Teddy and passed on Fields for a defensive player, the majority of the fanbase would be killing him. But Paton does it and fans are calling I’m a “great GM.” 

I absolutely said that. I also said if Lock won the competition he could too. It's got little to do with the individual, it's got everything to do with the offensive scheme.

This is pure WCO with more 21st century formations. Run properly with the personnel we have it's really difficult to stop. At QB it requires a very smart guy to run it. A "point guard" if you will. TB's perfect for it. Very smart, reads defense's rapidly, calm, makes the proper decision rapidly and executes. Great pocket presence, elusive and can throw crazy accurate darts at 30-40 yds.

Thats the description of a Bill Walsh, WCO QB. 

What I disagreed with is the "pulling for Teddy" part. I didn't do that, I just pointed out the obvious. If Drew would have won I'd be ecstatic, shocked but ecstatic. Nothing I've ever seen from him would make me think he could make that transition in one year. He didn't.

Edited by AKRNA

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

So are you just coming to terms with the fact that Mr B is gone? Surprised that you keep going on about this like it is a novel idea and that we don't understand what you are talking about. Quite obvious we aren't the Broncos of old. We've had, like, 4 games to be excited about in aggregate since the Super Bowl. Pretty much any well informed fan could tell you the ownership situation has had this organization in the mud. But this is the best team we have had since the SB, with a highly regarded GM (continues to be hilarious you want to complain about him when Elway was the captain of the sinking ship and hired your boy Vic), a lot of fun talent....some people might just want to approach this season with some optimism! Like I said a week or two ago - you can flip the culture of an organization in a number of ways. 

What I really don’t get is why you put so much stock what people say on social media or on the radio. As if the majority of those people have enough brain cells to form any kind of coherent thought. Gotta tell you, anytime I don’t hear music on the radio I presume any of the hosts or callers are probably complete idiots. If all you care about is for the team to be ran like Shanahan would, I also gotta tell you that name hasn’t been associated with winning championships in almost 23 years so maybe try picking a better model.

Are the Giants good? Definitely not, but in the past that was certainly a game Lock or any of the past 10 QBs would of found a way to lose. No one is saying we will win the SB, anyone claiming that is just trying to rile people like you up but we can enjoy not looking like the old Browns for a change. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Didn’t see this posted but might of missed it, will be interesting to see if Glasgow misses any time and who replaces him. 

From what I've read whether or not he misses time is still in question. I'd assume he will since he's still in NY.

Fangio's said if he's not available then Muti will fill in.