Patriots LB Dont'a Hightower Out for Season With Pectoral Injury

evilpimp972

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Bill B will run into a random 240 pound guy at the grocery store today and turn him into a key centerpiece halfway through the season all the way up to the end of the post-season.

Honestly that wouldn't surprise me ... but for now, it's a a tough blow to a team already dealing with its share of defensive issues. As not only a great player but the heart and soul of the defense (or it's appeared to me in recent years, especially in SB LI), a player like Hightower is irreplaceable. You can put in a substitute and he might even end up playing really well, but it won't be quite the same. My sympathies to Pats fans. I wish him a smooth recovery.

After last year's pretty clean bill of health, it had to come back around.

No Hightower, Edelman, Rivers, probably Mitchell, probably Valentine, currently missing Brown, Gilmore, Rowe, and with a hobbled Hogan, Gronk, Solder, and Amendola. Yikes.

28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If I am playing the Pats Im running at the A and B gaps till they stop me. Play after play after play. 

The better idea would be to throw at whichever LB is in coverage. KVN and Roberts are capable enough run defenders and Branch/Brown (who is going to miss this week) can be stout at times. Running off tackle or throwing at the linebackers is the smartest thing.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Bet they wish they kept Collins. 

Not if he was doing his crazy freelancing stuff. With our miscommunications this year, imagine adding a linebacker than fancied having a play every now and then as a safety? We'd be giving up 40 per game not 27.

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

They did so without Gronk, too. Guess he doesn't matter either...

Well put it this way. They went 7-1 before Collins was traded After he was traded they went 7-1. Then went into the playoffs and won a Super Bowl while having to play two of the top offenses in the league in the Steelers and a historically significant Falcons offense. 

Meanwhile, the team Collins went to has the same record they had this time last year. Which is no wins. 

Gronks more important but he's been injured in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 that I think they've adjusted to the point where they know how to play without him and he's a more of luxury when he's on the field.

Archived